Binance nightmare... How are you using Koinly to tackle Binance tx?

many problems with binance. using api or csv both lead to multiple problems: mislabeling, missing info, redundancy. it’s useless if it requires a complete check and verify on every single transactions…

1 Like

Yep, I’d second this! My Binance import data is way off. I have around 3000 transactions, including staking. No idea how to fix it and I can’t get any customer support from Koinly. If I’d known this I’d never had paid for a tax report from them! Now I’m stuck with them and can’t do my tax return! Funny not funny…

I hope the new API from Binance and koinly will fix the problems of unrecognized transaction types

2 Likes

Have any news? I am using Binance and I have a problem with staking, earn , mining …

I tried to complete it manually adding the operations that not imported by API or CSV (but the balance is not equal never…)

Best regards!

1 Like

I’m having the same issues. Koinly seems to work great with everything else - it does seem to be a pretty lame API on the Kraken side. I definitely had better luck importing all the CSV txns. Don’t even bother with the API until it gets fixed (or at least, improved).

Still, even with the CSV, the staking stuff is a mess. Staked coins have no history (no cost basis), so they will hose up cap gains stuff. Kraken actually moves the coins for staking (I see zero balances while staked), so it’s in a different internal wallet, which the CSV apparently does not account for.

1 Like

I am having the same Issues, my account was fine with Binance until I started to mess around with isolated margins. Now the balances are well off, the API doesn’t import them. Importing margin alone on the download reports from binance seems to miss off some transactions, when you download full history and upload the CSV it causes duplication with the API because they batch trades differently.

More of a Binance issue, as I don’t have this problem with any other exchange I have used. Other’s have small errors of £1-5 I assume it’s from fee burns or rounding errors or whatever but I am happy to ignore those.

3 Likes

what I did was I got away from API and used the CSV, prob is that the CSV generates is only 4 a month and only in 3month time slots, so like me who been in since 2017, its gonna take months for me to get the CSV uploaded to Koinly but I then found a mix of API and CSV worked.
I mean I make trades and I’m still waiting for my next month to download the CSV, thats all I know, and can say I know that after I used the only CSV it seems to be not so messy hope that helps.
I’m not a tax expert just a guy.

1 Like

Well I just signed up to Koinly on a professional plan and sync’d my Binance wallet and have discovered MANY missing transactions (not margin related) … including over an entire months worth (the account was only setup in DEC '20)

I signed up as Binance was plugging Koinly so assumed it would work well. I’ve reported this to support, I’m hoping they can provide a recommended way to move forward on this.

2 Likes

Keeping this thread open.

I am posting this to keep it alive since this is still an ongoing issue with no support for paying customers

4 Likes

its pretty lame they reply to other threads but not this one…

Is there any update from Koinly about this binance issues? I hundreds of transactions that are not accounted for! doing it manually will take too much time and its nearly time to deal with taxes… Koinly can you help with this please?

2 Likes

i’m asking if koinly fixes this or not. At the moment it is a true mess. Ordered the Tax report for 2021, but don’t think i will do this for 2022 as well if the api or file import didn’t get fixed.

1 Like

This isn’t Koinly’s fault it’s Binance fault. Binance controls the API.

I understand it’s annoying, in the same boat.

I have found one foolproof way to upload all Binance tx without error. You basically need two .csv exports.

1. All transaction Export

2. Isolated Margin Export

For some reason the all transaction does not include Isolated margin purchases, so the #2 fills the gap.

The staking/airdrops etc may still be an issue, as I dont have any of those and have not tested.

You can only export ‘All Transactions’ 4 times a month, and you can only export 3 month periods, so its best to try and stay relatively up to date and export each month or two.

Hope this help someone, and I really hope they fix the API, pretty frustrating.

Note: I had some trouble finding the ‘All Transaction’ export, so here is how to find it:
Top right on Binance → wallet → transaction history → top right (generate all statements) → download 3 months at a time

2 Likes

I have hodled on binance since 2020 I belive. Acctually forgotten about exact date. Is there a way to retrieve the full back catalogue as a csv? 3 months is to little for me.

1 Like

Binance API currently works for simple accounts, if you have an account older than a year with margin trades then data is not fully imported. We are continuously working on this API though. For now the CSV methods described in this thread are the easiest way to import all data.

1 Like

I’m also getting errors in all binance balances, but the problem is not koinly for me, it’s binance.
Binance keeps reporting wrong trading fees, it seems like real fees are about 20-25% lower compared to reported fees. Maybe it’s because i signed up with promotional link and they can’t handle their own discounts, maybe it’s some weird rounding problem. I wish koinly could actually check every trade and count what was sent and what was received, not just blindly import all problems here.
I suggest checking some of your trades manually and see if they add up amount received + fees = total cost, maybe i’m not the only one with this problem.

1 Like

Throwing my hat into this quagmire as well - i’ve tried the API, that didn’t work as a whole bunch of stuff missing, so imported the CSVs in instead - lot more transactions added but oddly it seems that it’s missed a few spot trade transactions that the API picked up so I just don’t know what to do now - i have to get my return in by the end of the month

1 Like

update on my end - after tearing multiple strands of hair out comparing the API to the CSV it seems that the CSV is missing the USD-M futures entires and the API is missing the Coin-M futures - WHY!!!

1 Like