How to deal with a deleted Ledger Live Btc account

I deleted one of my Btc accounts on my Ledger Live a year or so ago.

I probably did use that Btc account but for whatever reason decided I no longer needed it so I deleted it.

I didnt realise at the time I would need to keep that account on my ledger Live (for the Xpub details) for tax reporting purposes.

I have only ever bought or sold Btc on Coinbase Pro.

So, before I deleted the Btc account on my Ledger Live I would most certainly have withdrawn all Btc from it and either sent the Btc to Coinbase Pro or transferred any Btc from that deleted Ledger Live account to another Btc account on my Ledger Live.

Therefore, any Btc removed from the deleted Btc Ledger Live account would either have gone to Coinbase Pro or transferred to one of my other Ledger Live Btc accounts.

I have allowed Koiny via an API to download all data from my Coinbase and Coinbase Pro accounts.

Koinly also knows all the transactions relating to my existing Btc accounts (wallets) that I have on my Ledger Live account.

Is it possible to establish by looking through the Btc transactions on Koinly which of those transactions (either deposits into Coinbase or deposits into one of the existing Btc accounts on my Ledger Live) was from the deleted account?

I understand that if I know the Btc public address of the deleted Btc account I can add that public address to a Btc wallet that I would create on Koinly to ensure Koinly knows that those transactions were from the Btc account I deleted?

Any thoughts?

Here is what I would try first:

1. create a new Windows account and log in with it
  2. launch the Ledger Live app. The app will ask you on first launch if you already have a wallet, if it is already initialized and in use, if the 24 word recovery phrase is known, etc…
  3. Connect your Ledger Nano X wallet and enter your PIN and click on the button “+ Add account” ==> BTC.

On this first call, Ledger Live should automatically import not just one BTC account, but all BTC accounts ever defined by this hardware wallet with the CURRENT setup PASSPHRASE (seed).

It is a good idea to document the xpub values and the “freshAddressPath” for the non-deleted BTC account beforehand in your productive Ledger Live environment via “Edit account” ==> Advanced. This should look like this:

{
“xpub”: “xpub***************************”,
“index”: 0,
“freshAddressPath”: “84’/0’/0’/0/3”,
“id”: “libcore:1:bitcoin:xpub*******************:native_segwit”,
“blockHeight”: ******
}

Please never publish the xpub value or make it available to third parties, because this implies a privacy risk.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.