Tax Loss Harvesting please

Are there plans to offer tax loss harvesting on Koinly in the near future? Many other crypto accounting platforms offer tax loss harvesting so I was hoping Koinly would as well.

Yes, I naively assumed it was part of the paid version that I just bought. I think I’ll switch to another service for next year if this post is not answered soon. I almost bought Koinly for 2021 but this stopped me so far.

Yes I really wish Koinly had this

Yes this is direly needed for me too. I’m looking to offset my gains in the next financial year with my previous losses but it won’t be correct in my Koinly report for 2021-2022 :frowning:

Genuine question: what is it that Koinly doesn’t do as well as other platforms? Are you trying to carry losses forward to a subsequent year? Or are you expecting Koinly to tell you to sell x coin to offset gains? I had always assumed that tax loss harvesting was just a manual process, except for robo investors.

1 Like

+1…20 characters since I’m out of votes

Definitely a feature that would add value and improve the product experience.

+1 for this feature, i think it would be really useful, along with the ability to select “Most cost effective” tax method for each transaction, but I already have that open as a feature request :slight_smile:

1 Like