Importing a Daedalus wallet CSV no longer works

Describe the problem:
I now get an ‘Unknown file’ message when I try to import the CSV of my Cardano Daedalus wallet. I have successfully imported my Cardano Daedalus wallet CSV to Koinly in the past, so I do not know why this has stopped working. Perhaps Cardano has changed the format of the CSV and Koinly can no longer read it?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Cardano Daedalus wallet

How did you import data into this wallet?
CSV

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Have tried importing the CSV several times and have tried redownloading the CSV from my Daedalus wallet to make sure the file was not corrupted, but still I get the ‘Unknown file’ message on Koinly when I attempt to import it.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue!

1 Like

Same issue for me, Tried .csv several times, and also public addresses. No success…

1 Like

Automatic support for Daedalus, which is the main official wallet for Cardano, is a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

I have similar problem when trying to upload the reward CSV for Daedalus.

1 Like

Same issue as well. Found nothing that can help!

Still same problem. I didn’t find any method to import Daedalus csv succsfully.

So I have been able to export the transaction detail with the help of some excel/numbers editing.
Its two step process.

1. First you download your .csv file from the wallet. Then you have to use deposit/withdrawal sample from this page: How to create a custom CSV file with your data | Koinly Help Center.
    What I ended up doing is deleting all the unnecessary columns from the raw .csv file and edit the file in a pattern as mentioned as .csv. (took me 5 minutes, all the information is there, you have to delete most of the junk that dedaleus puts on the file) . You will have to make a new column with header ‘Currency’ and value off all the cells in that column set a ‘ADA’

1. Initially all these transactions will show as incoming transactions from globe → wallet or Vice versa based on if you have a deposit or withdrawal of ADA. If you have all the other wallet/exchanges synced with koinly it will show another part of a transaction on the other wallet/exchange as transactions incoming/outgoing from the globe. You have to select both transactions and merge it manually for Koinly to understand that it was a single event as Transfer rather than two different events. ( when you go on the transaction page, there will be a box in front of the transaction to select it, select the two transactions which are part of the transfer and you can merge it )

This being said I use the wallet address to sync all info with a dummy wallet address to tie all these transactions up neatly. Let me know if you guys want to know how it’s done. I find the second method bit easier in my personal opinion.

I’d love to know how you do the trick you mention at the end of your post Janak.

@ goose , bit of background how Deadaleus ( possibly cardano blockchain also? ) handles the transaction. A quick example to make sense of all this

As you can see I wanted to send 2000 ADA from my wallet to a different address.

What dedaleus did, it combined Cardano from my two wallets on top Addr1… + Stake1… ( 8559 + 98 ) and sent 2000 ADA to Ddz… and sent remaining ADA (6657) to addr1…

Currently, as these values are not adding up straightforward ( 2000 ADA transferred from 1 address to another address ) Koinly sees all these transactions as two different withdrawals from my wallet and 1 different deposit to my wallet. ( with 2 nd deposit to exchange/different wallet if you are transferring to your self )

To circumvent this is what I had to do:

1. First you have to sync all your cardano wallet addresses (under receive tab ) that you have used in deadelus. ( I have used ~ 10 )

1. Then make a Dummy Cardano wallet with a random/fake address. ( It will give error saying can not find such address - ignore it )

2. To continue the above example, Manually change both " Withdrawal" transactions in Koinly to " Transfer" . On doing such “Receive” wallet address will pop up > Change that to Cardano Dummy wallet. You will have to manually copy paste the number of cardano transferred. Do this for both withdrawal transactions ( Above mentioned example )

3. Change the " Deposit " transactions to ‘’ Transfer " . This time you have to put Dummy wallet in the “sent” part.

It should look like this and Koinly will be able to track the cost basis correctly.

All these apply when you withdraw from Deadleus, as a deposit to the wallet will come in a single lot of cardano,

Please let me know if anybody finds a better solution until Koinly tackles the underlying issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.