Is Cardano ADA going to be correctly supported on Koinly?

Describe the problem:
Cardano Daedalus wallets are currently not working in Koinly eityher through syncing or via import.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Daedalus

How did you import data into this wallet?
sync and import, both do not work

What have you tried to fix this so far?

2 Likes

I also have some ADA in my Binance wallet and it won’t sync or show up in Coinly and I didn’t know what I was doing wrong.

1 Like

I am also having this issue.

Why do I see no solution to this issue? Just about everyone has some ADA and will face this problem.

2 Likes

I am also waiting for that to happen, in meanwhile I have been using a dummy wallet to help Koinly follow the transaction correctly to calculate cost basis and works perfectly. Involves some manual work though

1 Like

Same issue with Daedalus wallet. Appears to be no support from Koinly.

1 Like

same issue for Daedulus wallet. Cant seem to sync my public wallet key to show it on koinly.

Only is to put in the individual transaction address, it will then sync into koinly. But that means we its only for 1 transaction at one time.

can koinly help?

1 Like

You can try this with wallet sync rather than use .csv import.

How deadleus/cardano block chain handles outgoing transactions. Incoming transactions are not an issue.

As you can see I wanted to send 2000 ADA from my wallet to a different address.

What dedaleus did, it combined Cardano from my two wallets on top Addr1… + Stake1… ( 8559 + 98 ) and sent 2000 ADA to Ddz… and sent remaining ADA (6657) to addr1…

Currently, as these values are not adding up straightforward ( 2000 ADA transferred from 1 address to another address ) Koinly sees all these transactions as two different withdrawals from my wallet and 1 different deposit to my wallet. ( with 2 nd deposit to exchange/different wallet if you are transferring to your self )

To circumvent this is what I had to do:

1. First you have to sync all your cardano wallet addresses (under receive tab ) that you have used in deadelus. ( I have used ~ 10 )

1. Then make a Dummy Cardano wallet with a random/fake address. ( It will give error saying can not find such address - ignore it )

2. To continue the above example, Manually change both " Withdrawal" transactions in Koinly to " Transfer" . On doing such “Receive” wallet address will pop up > Change that to Cardano Dummy wallet. You will have to manually copy paste the number of cardano transferred. Do this for both withdrawal transactions ( Above mentioned example )

3. Change the " Deposit " transactions to ‘’ Transfer " . This time you have to put Dummy wallet in the “sent” part.

It should look like this and Koinly will be able to track the cost basis correctly.

All these apply when you withdraw from Deadleus, as a deposit to the wallet will come in a single lot of cardano,

Please let me know if anybody finds a better solution until Koinly tackles the underlying issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.