Give a market value to unknown token in dashboard (2)

Give a market value to unknown token in dashboard is CRITical AND NOT answered AND AUTO-CLOSED. Reopening a new one.

Describe the problem:
When I use a custom token placeholder for unknown token (for instance NULLxx or NFTxxx), its market value is considered as null in the Dashboard.
This creates a bias between portfolio cost basis and portfolio market value, hence a wrong P&L.

How can I edit the market value to custom tokens ?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
All

How did you import data into this wallet?
Not relevant.

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Tried to edit market value in dashboard, but it’s not allowed by koinly.
Set the value in transactions but only updates the cost, not the value, which is at zero.

3 Likes

I can’t believe this is not replied to, it’s a major issue. Basically I can’t use Koinly at the moment, I have a huge difference in the portfolio, it makes no sense. Is this forum dead?

Hi @nwrk and @sheoak,

Thank you both for keeping this critical issue present, and my apologies for the delay in response! We’re very much aligned in the importance of having this available on the dashboard.

Our dev team has this feature on the road map, and below are two ‘market value’ Canny projects that you can vote on. We don’t yet have an ETA. Though once the dev team has completed their work, you’ll receive an automatic notification signaling it’s good to go. :+1:

Additionally, more interested people voting for a Canny project, the quicker it will be completed! :raised_hands:

Market Value of NFT on Dashboard

Market Value on Dashboard for Staked Swaps

Thank you all for your patience, and have an awesome day!

Thanks fotr the answer! I’m not sur the links you provided are the same as giving a market value to unknow token (it seems more specific)? I suppose allowing to price a NFT wil also enable to price any token?

@sheoak Hey there buid :wave:

If you have deposits in Koinly which are showing no market value - you can click Edit and assign a value yourself, this should then reflect on the dashboard. :+1:

E.g.- This SAFEROCKET has no market value, but we can assign a value by changing the “worth”

Actually this is another problem. If you set the worth, it will allow to see the “gain” in koinly, but it will not show the real balance in the portfolio, saying the token is currently worth “0”. This can lead to a very wrong balance, making this feature useless.
I already exchange with the support about this and I will post my suggestion in your suggestion tool as recommended. Thanks!

1 Like

thanks for highlighting this, I will look into this more internally - yes by all means please create a canny ticket :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.