Give a market value to unknown token in dashboard

Describe the problem:
When I use a custom token placeholder for unknown token (for instance NULLxx or NFTxxx), its market value is considered as null in the Dashboard.
This creates a bias between portfolio cost basis and portfolio market value, hence a wrong P&L.

How can I edit the market value to custom tokens ?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Any wallet

How did you import data into this wallet?
Not relevant

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Tried to edit market value in dashboard, but it’s not allowed by koinly.

OMG this. Such a pain when 50% of tokens held are NFT’s. I’d like to see floor prices sync for nft’s as well as the ability to manually state the value for something.

This is a major issue with the un-valued coin displaying Zero value at EFY. How do I create Tax Reports if I can’t enter a coin value for 30 June. I have spent many hours loading data and hoped Koinly would replace my Cointracking accounts, but without the ability to enter 30 June values for unknown coins it does not seem possible.

You can set or change the value assigned to an acquired token by selecting Edit for the specific transaction where the token was acquired and then changing the “worth” value underneath the Received token in the Edit Transaction screen.

yes but the dashboard uses that as a “cost” and not a current value leaving the calculations as a 100% loss on that asset instead of it’s current value.

1 Like

Changing the worth value is great, but it does not reflect into the dashboard.

Example:
Make a deposit of token “NFT1” and set it’s worth value to $100
Go to your Dashboard
Dashboard show your NFT1 token, with a cost of $100 but a $0 value, hence a loss (which is not true since you’re holding the NFT and it’s value is clearly not 0).
The problem is that the dashboard gets a value for each token it lists, but set a 0 value to any unknow token.

This reflect as a huge variation between the total value showed, and the real total value of global portfolio.

How de we enter a value for 30th June? This is a Tax reporting software, so it has to be possible.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.