Germany 0 tax on capital gains if hold longer than 1 year

Love Koinly so far and am thinking of upgrading my plan.

What I’d like to know: Is German tax-law properly considered within Koinly, particularly the tax exemption for assets held for longer than 1 year?

3 Likes

Hi, yes you will be able to see long/short term gains separately. Long term = held more than 1 year

Where can we see this, only in paid plan? or can i see it before hand as well in free plan. I want to be double sure before buying the plan.
you reply will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Is there a plan to add this differentiation directly in the transactions/dashboard ?

1 Like

would be curious as well - in the preview mode without paid plan all my trades where I held the coin longer than one year are shown as “profit”. I would only buy a plan if I’m sure the app can distinguish correctly

1 Like

I have upgraded to premium plan with Koinly and I downloaded sample tax report and all is nicely filled up and I already feel stress free for next tax year. That being said I have tried out other three-four big name crypto sites and none of them come close to what Koinly can do. Unfortunately Koinly is not yet perfect and there is lot of manual cleaning and reviewing of transaction. Classifying transactions appropriately to make it perfect. All though bulk of the heavy lifting is done by koinly. I see potential from them to grow big.

2 Likes

Hi Janak, are you based out in Germany? If yes, can you confirm that koinly premium plan is not taxing the long term gain ( > 1 year holding) ?
Thank you

1 Like

+1 what sk_sid said, same Question

Unfortunately no, I am from USA.

I sent the koinly support an email 2 days ago, let’s see if they answer this question

Please also report as soon as you know something
I wanna do the same

1 Like

Hey @RockingIt
Can you please update us when you get the answer from Koinly?
I have the exact question but still no answer.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Mohsen_OG, i got an answer and i posted it here, but some people reported it as spam cause i also posted it under my other post that was also about this. But here it still is: Taxreport Austria - #2 by punctio

2 Likes

@RockingIt Thank you very much indeed.

1 Like

“Is German tax-law properly considered within Koinly, particularly the tax exemption for assets held for longer than 1 year?”

I now just bought a plan and looked.
And the answer is yes. Koinly clearly seperates Sells under a year holding and Sells over a year holding.

The whole report is also in german.

2 Likes