Germany Tax report 1 year holdings

Germany has its unique taxing system. If you hold more than a year then the capital gain is tax free. I have both long term (more than a year) and short term capital gains and I don’t know if Koinly appreciate it. Does Koinly support it?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi did you mean the section Gains in Koinly, so in case you transfer between coins this will be set as an income and you can see it under the section GAINS. After all i guess you need to pay tax for your under 1 year gains.

Hi @Alexander_Ha
Thanks for reply. I mean in the tax report. In Germany the gains more than a year is tax free. And tax must be paid for the trades within a year. I have hodlings from 2017/8 and also trades in 2020/21 which are now mixed.
CoinTracking has a feature that you can set the tax free duration but Koinly does not talk about it at all.

My question is: does Koinly consider all long an short term gains in tax report menu as taxable gains or distinguish between them by default?

Hi,
same here. I bought BTC in 2017 / 2018 as well as in 2020 and I also sold a bit in 2020, but it seems to show the gains on the BTC from 2017, considering FIFO method, as profit. But it should be tax free gains since I held on to the BTC for more than a year.
Or is this a detail I can only see, when I download the respective tax report?
Ben

Yes, automatically. You choose “Germany” and you longterm (>1y) gains will be tax-free.

I’m having the same issue with the eth which I held since 2017. I sold some in 2021 and koinly is calculating gains on it. Shouldn’t be it tax free?

Probably they appear under “longterm gains” which means it’s tax free in Germany. Please check.

Hello Mohsen,

Yes, we do support Germany’s tax system as long as you set your account to Germany. These settings will automatically take over.

Kind regards,

Anakin

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.