Gemini too much data for one sync, try syncing again

Will not synch properly with Gemini including Earn using Gemini’s Auditor API key. Gets to 91 transactions and then gives error “too much data for one sync, try syncing again.” I have tried to refresh multiple times.

Tried using Auditor API and manual import. Manual import appears to miss transactions when crypto is moved from wallets to Earn.

I’ve deleted the wallet multiple times and tried to add again with API, manual file import, and both. Still cannot get a solid synch.

Cointracker seems to pull Gemini in fine, so I tried exporting a full transaction list from Cointracker and importing as well. It only partially imports. I was hoping the product would just work as it should vs. need to perform manual exports and massage the data so it imports properly.

Thank you for any help.

Update, tried to delete Gemini from Koinly again-- this time imported both .csv files available from Gemini (one for transactions, the other for Earn interest/rewards). After importing, changed the wallet to use API starting the day after the last imported transaction as suggested by Koinly as a possible work around. It still fails when using the API saying “too much data for one sync, try syncing again” even after setting the start date to 3/29/22.

Something with Koinly and Gemini isn’t working properly with the API. This same API works with Cointracker and Taxbit without issue-- but I opted for Koinly and already paid the $300 for the 2021 tax season including ample transaction quantity so would like this to work properly.

Koinly support, any help appreciated. Thank you

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. Gemini hasn’t synced for over a month now. Same error, “Too much data”. I’ve been waiting to see if it gets fixed, but at this point I’m starting to get annoyed.

1 Like

Don’t automatically close this. It’s still an on-going issue.

Koinly support please provide a fix or recommend a different service that we should switch to

1 Like

Hey everyone :wave:

There was an issue reported with the Gemini API for this error message. I am happy to confirm that our devs have marked this as complete on their end.

Gemini API: too much data for one sync, try syncing again | Data import issues | Koinly

Please recreate/re-sync your wallets!

If you are still having issues, please get in touch at [email protected] :+1:

Many thanks :smiley:

Ali :rocket:

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll try this when I get home and report back.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.