From Coinbase Hedera HBAR to Koinly

Describe the problem:
I can’t get Koinly to display my HBAR purchases from Coinbase.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Coinbase

How did you import data into this wallet?
I first tried to sync and nothing happens. I then tried to input my HBAR receive address. When I do that, it takes a very long time then shows way more transactions than 3 and a bit more HBAR than I actually have. I deleted the wallet after both of these didn’t work.

What have you tried to fix this so far?
I first tried to sync and nothing happens. I then tried to input my HBAR receive address. When I do that, it takes a very long time then shows way more transactions than 3 and a bit more HBAR than I actually have. I deleted the wallet after both of these didn’t work.

I am seeing the same behavior. I purchased HBAR on Coinbase, and all recent CB txns are imported except for the HBAR purchase. Purchased using advanced trade if that makes any difference.

Still working through this, you all. The Settings as described aren’t exactly how they appear on my end. I was unaware of the Coinbase API (manual), so that’s certainly a start as I was just auto-synced into my account. Otherwise, these other features are showing a different name, different location, or don’t appear to exist in the version of the software at which I’m looking. Still at it though and will definitely report back once I’ve navigated it properly.

Alrighty, with you all’s help I persevered and got this up and running with HBAR. Very much appreciated!!! Here are my steps:

Coinbase: Profile (circle with your initial), Settings, API, +New Legacy API Key, enter Auth Code if you have one, check off necessary accounts and permissions, Create, head to Koinly

Koinly: Wallets, +Add wallet / exchange, start typing and choose Coinbase API (manual), Setup auto-sync, input generated API key and API secret from Coinbase, Secure Import

I tried to re-sync Coinbase to Koinly to import data from Hedera. It ignores Hedera when re-syncing. I then tried to create a separate HBAR wallet in Koinly using the Hedera receive address from Coinbase. This results in incorrectly displayed Holding amounts.

Hey @Strathmore (and @Crypt0Kiddy).

Thanks for reaching out. :wave:t2:

The first thing to check is if HBAR is selected in the permissions of the API when setting it up in Coinbase:

Sometimes when buying a new token on CB, the permissions need to be updated to allow sharing of the data.

If the permissions are correct, export a CSV from your account and check if the HBAR is in there (then at least we know the issue is narrowed down to the API):

Thanks, let me know how you get on! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Carl_Koinly thanks for the tip.
You were correct, this helped once I reconnected Coinbase API from Koinly.
@Strathmore : It was not apparent from Carl’s advice, but you have to use the Reconnect feature of the API settings in Koinly, not in Coinbase.
Go to Wallets > Coinbase then click the Gear icon next to the wallet name and choose API Settings
From there, click the Reconnect button:
To be safe, in the dialog, click the All Accounts option, then click it again to ensure that all wallets are selected.
When I did this and then Save and Sync I then got SOME of my HBAR transactions, but unfortunately not the Buy txn I was after. I then did a Sync from Beginning in Troubleshooting and that imported all expected HBAR txns.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi you all, thanks for your help. I didn’t realize I had any replies here. Let me give this a shot today and report back!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.