Cardano addresses work, but public keys don't. This is a big deal

To be clear: this is a bug, not a feature request. The screen for adding a wallet very clearly says that an address or key can be used.

Because keys aren’t working, users have to manually add EVERY individual address, which is a huge pain not just because of the immediate hassle of adding them one by one, but also because it complicates record-keeping whenever ADA is transferred from that wallet to another wallet (e.g. transferring to an exchange).

Please make fixing this a priority! I’m very happy with Koinly except for this longstanding issue!

8 Likes

Right, since its only possible to enter 1 address each wallet you create on Koinly, it would be great to have public keys working to sync all addresses in the same wallet including rewards.
Is there any respond from Koinly support?

3 Likes

My workaround was to add the stake key which does not import anything but after I imported the transactions manually (from wallet csv export) then they all showed up for that wallet including all addresses.

I tried importing the Stake Key but it doesn’t import any transactions.
Importing the .csv from the exchange does bring in the transactions a lot better than the API did but my totals are still off. The tax report is showing 20 something more ADA than what I have.

I figured out that the missing ADA was staking rewards that were not shown.

This absolutely needs to be fixed

The best way for me that made it work is to import a Yoroi transaction export and not to enter a Cardano wallet.

I would like to know when Cardano ADA support for staking will be implemented? I currently have the Yoroi wallet for ADA but no matter what I do I can’t get my staking rewards to show up.

Does that work with tallying up staking rewards?

There seems to be no way to get staking rewards to work with Koinly and Yoroi

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.