Bybit spot trading not reported

New feature in Bybit is Spot trading. I sent my BTC from derivates account to spot account and then sold BTC and bought it back. None of this is recognized by Koinly.

Bybit

How did you import data into this wallet?

API

What have you tried to fix this so far?

I did the API update couple times, reason is probably that the Spot trading is a new option and there is a different wallet for it in Bybit so its not yet supported by Koinly?

2 Likes

Were you able to resolve this issue? Koinly sees my transfer to swap as a deposit with a cost basis as if I purchased the coins and there is now a variance in my actual balance and what Koinly believes I should have

I’ve reported this to Koinly support as an issue. It’s a big problem as ByBit deposits now default to the Spot account, therefore I consider the Koinly API support for ByBit to be broken as of right now.

ByBit support have informed me that Spot/Derivatives/ByFi internal wallet transfer data is all now available via their API, so it’s now down to Koinly to implement.

Koinly support have told me they have passed this information onto their development team and have told me to use the CSV upload function for now - but I do not want to as I was previously using the API with no issues, and I don’t know if the CSV import is going to overwrite or invalidate my previous data.

I’d like to know if this is on the roadmap as it’s a bit of a worry for me - my Koinly calculated balances are significantly incorrect, impacting my tax calculations.

Having the same problem with ByBit. Contacted support yesterday and got this reply

“I can see that the issue is still there and waiting to be solved. We should have this fixed over the next few weeks.”

not ideal…

1 Like

Ah - very glad it’s on their radar though!

1 Like

Yes, i just tried and the issue is still here months after i have reported it. Very frustrating. I want to buy the tax plan, but wont before this is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.