BTC automatic import via xpub inaccuracies

Describe the problem:
I have noticed a few inaccuracies in my BTC transactions in one of my wallets.
First of all, some transactions on this wallet don’t show up.
Secondly, some transactions that never happened show up and are linked to this wallet.
This is a wallet that has been created via a Ledger and that has always been synced with the same Ledger live so I truly believe that the transactions are accurate on Ledger live.

How can this be possible if Koinly pulls all the data from a xpub file?? What I don’t understand is: if there should be mistakes then shouldn’t all the data be wrong (ie. wrong wallet)? How can some of the data be accurate but some is either missing or wrong?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
BTC

How did you import data into this wallet?
Via xpub

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Removing and adding once more. Syncing several times.

I have just raised a similar question to Koinly support. In my case, despite being linked by xpub address, new transactions that Ledger gives different addresses are being ignored. Ledger only seemed to change addresses since late 2021 in my case and none of the transactions with changed addresses appear in Koinly.

I have also had my wallet syced to this Ledger for quite some time. I am tempted to delete and recreate the wallet, but am worried about upsetting tax history. I will report back if support can help me.

Update: I deleted the original and added it back and it worked. Don’t try doing two wallets to cover different time periods, I tried that and failed, just delete and create again for all time.

Hi @Stratton_Oakchain !

We would love the opportunity to help you figure this out. I think a bit of testing could help.

If you are still facing this issue, please contact [email protected] and we will take a look at the address itself :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.