Bitcoin amount incorrect

Ok so i put mu public address from a ledger wallet. It shows up fine with the correct amount on the wallet. However only around half of it shows up on the main dashboard. Doesnt make sense actually. There should be more as there is also some btc on an exchange…
I hope you can fix this among other things. I was reallly hoping to make this easy for my tax reporting, as well as for a portfolio tracker. However these discrepancies start to make me lose confidence in the software. Hopefully you can fix.
Also are you able to add a percentage of portfolio column on the dashboard? That would be great. Thanks

Hi, this sounds like one of your wallets has a negative balance. Go to the Tax Reports page and look at the wallets that are in need of a review.

The dashboard shows you your total holdings across all wallets so if one of them is negative it will bring the total down.

ok, just wondering how its possible a wallet can have a negative balance?

Hi, check out this tutorial on how to get up and running with Koinly:

https://help.koinly.io/en/articles/3660679-getting-started-with-koinly

If you are missing deposits then the balance can easily go into negative. You have a large negative amount in Bittrex so start by importing your deposits/withdrawals for it. The Tax Report page shows you the issues in each of your wallets.

i looked thru the wallets as you suggested. I don’t see anything significant that would account for the big difference in my bitcoin amount reported. ie. no wallet shows such a negative balance.

Well thats the problem - there is no guide on how to import deposits and withdraws for bittrex. How does one do that?
Thanks

Answered here: Bittrex deposits and withdrawals

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.