Kraken - deposit fees ignored

Describe the problem:

When using Koinly, it ignores the fees taken from Kraken on my deposits.
I deposited $100 and Kraken took $4 as a fee, but Koinly shows that I deposited just $96.
This is bad as I could have gotten a tax deduction on the fee…

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Kraken (but maybe also others…?)

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Opening this issue.

Note:
Before I get the answer that is being given here, I checked on other platforms (CoinLedger) and there I see things correctly. A deposit of $100 and a fee of $4, leave $96 in my account.
So this is NOT an API limitation, as also using Coinledger I get the correct answer - and both received the data using the same API key and secret.

Anyone from the Koinly team?

Hi there @Crypto_Margol

Thanks for reaching out! So this is not an error/issue as such, it’s just the way that Koinly handles fees on certain types of transactions.

A deposit in Koinly can not have any fee. If you paid a fee on the deposit (ex. transferred 100 USD from bank but only received 96 USD in wallet) then you should add a separate withdrawal transaction for the 4 USD fee and tag it as a Cost .

Have a look at our blog post regarding fees for more info - https://koinly.io/blog/deducting-crypto-trading-transfer-fees/

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.