@Ali_Koinly Please do not close the replies right away after you reply. After hearing what you’ve written, the customer might have something else to say. Or maybe your instructions weren’t clear enough.
I believe the KPI here is to help the customer in a way he/she understands rather than responding without verifying if the customer understood or not.
Please keep it open after you respond here, as I have a feeling I’ll have another reply.
“Thanks for reaching out! So this is not an error/issue as such, it’s just the way that Koinly handles fees on certain types of transactions”
then you should add a separate withdrawal transaction for the 4 USD fee and tag it as a Cost
I’m sorry to say, but this is a limitation / bug in Koinly.
You asked me to:
- Mark manually a new transaction
- Mark it as withdrawal - which has nothing to do here as there was no withdrawal action here
- Then mark it as Cost
These 3 manual steps when importing via an automated API. It’s also confusing as in reality there was no withdrawal.
So while Koinly has this limitation, this cannot be said to be the desired behavior.
Especially while your competitors (Coinledger . io) are handling it correctly.
This could not have been any clearer on Kraken:
So this is a bug.
Because the default behavior here is losing my tax deductibles in Koinly.
Maybe you don’t want to prioritize fixing it, but this is a bug that is not clear to me why you can’t fix it. I saw the API response for the deposit action on Kraken, and it does contain all the needed information regarding the original deposit (100 USD) and the fee (4 USD).
Would love for you to answer:
- Can you please explain why Koinly won’t fix it, and force me to do manual tasks every time I use Kraken?
- Let’s say you have a huge tech debt that you can not do in a reasonable time. Why can’t you do the steps you described for me yourself? OK, deposit entry in Koinly (for technical reasons) can’t have a fee. Sure. But you can still detect this situation and add the Cost withdrawal transaction yourself. Can this please be prioritized in Bug reports (public) | Koinly ?
- Regarding marketing it as withdrawal, any better option? As withdrawal is very confusing in this case.
Also as mentioned before, please keep the topic open so I could respond to your response.
If you want to reopen the original thread so I could reply to it there, no problem.
Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
How did you import data into this wallet?