FTX API Problem

When I do my taxes with Koinly, the FTX API doesn’t properly sync. It gives error 301. And now that FTX is bankrupt, I can’t get help from them fix the issue. As a result, I have 44 transactions that are missing history and one of them is missing 66,000 USDC between May 2021 and Sep 2021. My capital gains comes out really high. Please I need help.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
FTX

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?

1 Like

Hi,

I think it is because FTX is broke and turned off now, so I assume the API is also turned off. Do you have some data that you can enter the transactions manually? Emails or the other parts of the transaction? The API does not work for me, too…

Hi @bluehonour and @Miesiek_Partu,

Thank you for connecting with us about this issue! :raised_hands:

You’re both right in that due to FTX being bankrupt, the API is no longer functioning properly. We’re hearing differing experiences from users regarding their CSV files. Some users have been able to contact the FTX customer support team to request a full transaction history, and other users have not been able to login to their accounts to download or connect with FTX support.

We implore everyone that has an FTX/FTX.US account to export their CSV files as soon as possible so that previous taxable transactions on FTX easily be accounted for in the future.

As the issue is with FTX, we’re limited with what we can do on our side. That said, we still want to provide solutions for users with or without CSV files. When you upload the CSV file into Koinly, this may resolve some of the missing purchase warnings, though manual transactions can also be added after comparing Koinly with the CSV data. Koinly will continue to accept FTX file imports.

For users that have no access to their accounts or FTX support in requesting transaction histories, we have guidance on failed exchanges here.

If anyone has an issue with importing their files, or creating a custom CSV, please connect with our support team so we can review your files.

Thank you and have an awesome day! :sparkles:

1 Like

Hi!

FTX CSV file import doesn’t work… It complains about invalid time format. Can you check it, thanks? Here is an example row:
“ID”,“Time”,“Market”,“Side”,“Order Type”,“Size”,“Price”,“Total”,“Fee”,“Fee Currency”,“TWAP”
“12345678901”,“11/8/2022, 7:18:03 PM”,“FTT/USD”,“sell”,“OTC”,“0.38519207”,“16.31631464”,“6.284915010952905”,"",“USD”,“false”

Hi @jakkejoo,

Thank you for your patience, and my apologies for the delay in response! Our dev team has this fix on their roadmap. If you would like to have a notification sent your way once it’s ready to go, please add your support to our Canny. If you haven’t already, please do send our support team the CSV to remap and test import. :raised_hands:

Thank you for connecting with us, jakkejoo. We’re happy to help anyone else with CSV issues. :sparkles:

Have an awesome day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.