Dual nationality - additional country report

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone else here who has purchased the “dual nationality” service because they have to file tax reports in two countries?

Can someone confirm that I understand how to use that feature?

I think it is “as simple as” changing the home country and the currency used in my settings, letting Koinly process the change, and then refresh the dashboard. But when I did that the numbers looked strange.

Very odd that Koinly offers this service, but doesn’t seem to explain anywhere how it should function (at least that I can find).

I would appreciate any insight that the community can provide :pray: :grin:

1 Like

Hi Rodderz!

You’re correct, anyone can change their tax country & currency at any point. When you purchase your first tax plan, that is your “home country” for Koinly purposes. You can then purchase a dual nationality addon, and the next country you download a tax plan for will be set as your secondary country.

Maybe a tooltip with some details would come in useful for the future, I’ll be sure to raise it as a feature request.

If you’re seeing any inconsistencies with your figures after switching countries, let us know in chat and we’ll give you a hand.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.