Daedalus Shelley Wallet Integration

Is there any integration from Koinly to Cardano (ADA) Shelley wallets.

It appears that there is no fixed key/public address for these wallets and transactions use multiple to/from addresses

Previously koinly seemed to integrate with the Byron Wallets.

4 Likes

Bumping this. I still seem to need to add a new address for almost every transaction…

1 Like

I’m after some better ADA integration too.

I would love to enter my root pub key and it track all of my public addresses.
It’s almost impossible just to keep adding new public addresses as there is so many for each transaction.

I used the SQLite Viewer Plugin for Chrome to open the database in %AppData%\Daedalus Mainnet\wallets
Once selected type private_key in the pop up.
Or if you open an SQ database another way you can query your db using “select * from private_key;”

When you have your key in Decimal (Byte) form, you can paste it in this converter here selecting ‘Coma’ as the Number delimiter.
The ASCII text will be your root key
https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/ascii-hex-bin-dec-converter.html

Not sure if this is useful but would be so helpful for tracking!

2 Likes

I too would like better Cardano support in Koinly, especially as staking is now live in the Shelley era. I’d like to put in my public blockchain wallet address and have Koinly do the work collecting data, valuing the transactions and staking rewards then calculating taxes. Pleeeeease don’t make me fiddle about with csv files next tax season :wink:

+1 on this. It has been 3 months since this was posted. Any update from Koinly team?

I finally succeeded in having Yoroi updated by API. But I run into two problems:

1.) If I delegate my ADA for staking, Koinly does not report the Fees for doing so but creates a Withdrawal of the complete amount of staked ADA. This is definitely an error.

2.) I have sent ADA from Kraken to Yoroi. Information of both sides come from API. But Yoroi received the ADA already some minutes before they were sent on Kraken. Obviously Kraken needs more confirmations than Yoroi. The problem now is just that I can’t “correct” the time in one of the API transactions. So I get a deposit and later on a withdrawal instead of a transfer. Any idea how to solve this?

1 Like

How did you setup Yoroi with API ? I dont see an API option ?

You can select both transactions and click on the Merge button which will solve this.

I found I had to manually set my timezone when importing Yoroi CSVs or they would default to UTC and cause everything to be off. Setting my timezone correctly when importing when I ran into this issue solved the problem for me.

If you try to add a Yoroi Wallet and chose “Setup auto-sync”, a popup window opens “Setup Yoroi API” with a description how to do it for different blockchains.So you add an entry at the Cardano blockchain and enter an address which is then regularly synced. But it’s not really a Yoroi API, you are right.

1 Like

Thanks yes, I tried that again. It works but my Yori generates new external addresses and I also stake the coins so it only picks on one address unfortunately.

Yes, it’s not sufficient as it is now. I also removed the automatic synchronisation and import everything by a Excel-sheet for the time being. I’m sure, it will be fixed soon.

1 Like

This is still on our roadmap, if you would like to assist with testing then please email [email protected].

Do you have any updates on this? Will it be ready for tax season?

5 Likes

Anyone have a csv template I can import Daedalus transactions?

Hi Everyone,

We now have support for Daedalus! You can check our integrations page on this for further details.

Thank you all for your stellar patience, and interest in this.

If you have any issues going forward, please connect with us here so we can further investigate any discrepancies in your account.

Have an awesome day, all!