BSC Wrapped BNB

Describe the problem:
I think the wrapping process on Binance Smart Chain is not accounted for.

I believe that when we wrap BNB to WBNB, there is an outgoing BNB transfer to Binance: WBNB Token, but no incoming transactions for WBNB… Would need to check.

The result is that I have a -2 calculated balance for WBNB, but a 0 actual balance.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Binance Smart Chain

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Re-Sync

3 Likes

Having this exact same problem. Wallet just does not recognise WBNB at all.

Same problem on my side.
Asked support, hoping they will investigate this.

you could just change the transaction from a deposit to a trade and manually fill in the details. I noticed this a while back and now don’t use the wrap process and just swap busd for wbnb if i need it.

Same problem with some PancakeSwap BNB LPs. So let’s say you provide liquidity for an X-BNB pair. When you remove the liquidity the BNB part is removed as WBNB and then unwrapped to BNB. That part is missing from the transactions list. As a result, Koinly doesn’t recognize “Liquidity Out”. All mess.

1 Like

This is a known issue but one that will be difficult to include in the auto-sync (although I’m sure our devs will find a practical way to do this).

If you look at your address in a block explorer like bscscan.com, you will see that the incoming WBNB is not actually listed as a transaction, only the outgoing BNB.
Koinly fetches all these transactions from the blockchain so if transactions are missing from there, they won’t be seen by Koinly either.

As I mentioned before, our devs will be looking into this but for now, you will have to fix this manually.

Every time you see a ‘missing purchase history’ for WBNB, you can locate the Withdrawal of BNB that was supposed to be a Swap to WBNB. You can simply edit this transaction to change it to a Trade/Swap and input the WBNB amount.

Best regards,
Petur

2 Likes

Actually, this is much more complicated than that because withdrawal of BNB does not show up as a transaction as all. It has to be added manually.
This all must needs to show up as “Liquidity Out”. There is not a possible way to make a Liquidity Out transaction manually.
For example, CAKE-LP should become CAKE and BNB. Instead, it shows:

1. A transaction withdrawing CAKE-LP tokens with no cost basis
  2. CAKE shows as a deposit.
  3. There is no BNB transaction (it has to be added manually)
    I don’t know how to manually fix this one at all unless we are able to select two transactions as Liquidity Out.
    I have tried creating two exchange transactions to simulate a Liquidity Out: However, there are a million different CAKE-LP tokens so I don’t think this can be done manually.
1 Like

I’ve the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.