Binance - The number of DOTs doubles on transfer

Describe the problem:
The number of DOTs doubles on transfer or on withdrawal the sum is not transferred.

Example:

Dec 5, 2020.
Transfer 2249 DOTs to my wallet.
After this transfer I see 4500 DOTs in my Tax Report 2020.

Ok, let’s test it with withdrawal. I delete my Polkadot account including all transactions and so no link is made between Binance and my Polkadot Wallet.

It is a withdrawal but in my tax report these 2249 are still there even though I don’t actually have them. In order for the Tax Report to be reasonably accurate, I am forced to not import my DOT wallet. Then at least the number of DOTs in my Tax Report is correct.

Is this an error or what am I doing wrong?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

Binance / Polkadot
How did you import data into this wallet?
Binance: CSV
Polkadot API / CSV

What have you tried to fix this so far?

I tried to enter the transactions manually. Furthermore I worked only with Polkadot CSV.

Maybe you did a manual transaction one day which is not deleted when you delete you DOT wallet? Try the following: Got to transactions and search for DOT. There should be one or several transactions left. So you can check for errors in your transactions.
It’s not all automatically correct today but Koinly gives you some quite good tools to find and eliminate errors.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Dariusz!

If you are still seeing 2249 DOT in your holdings even after fully deleting the wallet then there must be some other transaction in a different wallet that has this amount. Koinly won’t be able to see any assets that don’t have a transaction related to them.

I’d suggest filtering your transactions for the DOT ones and see if you can find one for that same 2249 amount, then you should be able to trace it to the wallet it’s being held in.

If you have added any transfers manually which then also gets imported when you sync your DOT wallet, it could cause duplicates, so keep an eye out for that as well.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alex