Binance margin loan and repayement

Describe the problem:
Coins which are taken as loan in margin trading are shown as profit and no way to show them as repayed back.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Binance margin trading

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Tried to add manual transaction and tag as cost, but not helping.

6 Likes

I’d also like the Binance margin trading to be fixed

1 Like

Any comments on the solution? I am thinking about going into that but first I need to clarify if Koinly solved it. Any news guys on this? Cheers

If you dont want any gains on the margin loan/repayment then just tag them as Sent or received from pool.

@koinly Problem of using sent and received from pool is that with margin borrow, you still start by borrowing and you have a negative balance in the pool.

Currently, Koinly treats this as a Missing purchase history and gives it a cost basis of $0.

My solution was to add deposits and withdrawals for the loan payments and repayment. Added a txid so that it doesn’t get connected with another tx. And then I might need to adjust the cost basis of the borrow and sell.

1 Like

Has anyone figured this one out yet? Jiecut is quite right. Sending and receiving from pool is a missing Transaction.
Is this something that’s going to be fixed? Or a better work around without creating a tax event?
For the cost of the subscription this should have been fixed last year when brought up

5 Likes

I used the CSV import method and still have this problem

Hello, having the same issues, Have you been able to resolve it somehow?

ok, I found (I think) a way to make it work,
Hypothesis: Between binance API and Koinly, there is an integration issue where Koinly does not recognize margin operations as ‘loan + security’ for a buy or sell.
And based on this article: "Missing purchase history for XYZ" | Koinly Help Center
I think that adding the operation of deposit/withdraw for the loan amount would solve the problem.

Hello, Would you be able to show or explain how you fixed this issue. I really would appreciate any help.

Can we not tag the ‘loan’ obtained using margin as ‘Liqdity In’ ?
Seems like that now allowed

Hi All,

Pardon this late message, and thank you all who have previously contributed here. :raised_hands: We’re making an effort to have more presence, so I’ll post what the current approach is for future curiosity.

Margin Trades (CSV)

The ‘Transaction History’ file will include most of your data but margin trades are not included (reasons unknown).
The Transaction History file will include all other margin activity such as loans and repayments but not the trades themselves.

To export your Cross Margin Trades, click here or go to
Orders > Margin Order > Trade History > Export Trade History
For Isolated Margin Trades, you can go to the same page but select the ‘Isolated’ option at the top and then Export Trade History

The Margin Trade history does not have the same limitations as the Transaction History export so you can export up to 1 year of data in each file.
After exporting your entire margin trade history for both Cross Margin and Isolated Margin, you can import the files to your Binance wallet on Koinly.

For further detail, please check out our guides on Loans/repayments/collateral/CDP, and Binance (Common issues with CSV).

Have a great day!