Binance Margin trades are untrackable

Describe the problem:
How does it make sense that I can tag transactions as “Loan Intrest”, but there is no way to tag them as “Borrowed from Exchange” or “Paid back loan”? I was considering paying for Koinly, but why would anyone do that if you don’t support margin trading on one of the biggest exchanges.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Binance Margin wallet and trades

How did you import data into this wallet?
API doesn’t import, you have to manually edit columns from Binance’s export to get it to load, but the amounts don’t add up correctly since you can’t record amounts as borrowed and repaid

What have you tried to fix this so far?
API import leads to incorrect wallet amounts as it doesn’t include margin wallet balance and ignores coin transfers between spot and margin wallets
CSV import doesn’t work with the file Binance provide, you have to manually edit it to get the trades to show up
Even then, balance transfers between spot and margin wallet don’t exist and it treats money borrowed or repaid as a “missing cost basis” - thus messing up the P&L

3 Likes

Yes this seems like an easy fix. I put in a similar ticket quiet a number of weeks ago with no response.
Hopefully you get one

1 Like

Same issue for me, margin trade import is a mess

1 Like

+1, this missing feature makes koinly very un-uusable :\

1 Like

Does anyone know another program that can import the margin data?

Binance API does have Margin data, they just haven’t programmed this in yet?

Also have the same issue.

I have a lot of binance margin trades (short positions and bought back), they even get imported into my account throught API, but the pnl calculation is a huge mess. Unfortunately I haven’t found a tool, that can deal with this yet. The situation is even worse with FTX, where short sells are not even recognized and instead I get errors, that I didnt buy the coin in advance.

I dont understand what the issue is, doesn’t seem like a big deal to me to do it correctly.

Hope someone can fix this soon.

There should be an exact explanation Wich reports to get and upload too.

There is borrow reports, repayment reports, trade reports, transaction reports and so on and so on for Binance margin. Please help!

I can’t believe Koinly is ignoring this. Huge problem!

Is any resolution found on the Binance Margin issue?
Can anyone suggest a proper solution, how to track this in Koinly or another tool which works?
thanks

Hey all,

Binance Margin trades are imported by the API as well as all loans and repayments.

Prior to August, the Binance API only included Cross Margin but it now includes Isolated Margin as well.

Kind regards,
Petur

Hi @Petur_Koinly ,

i have tries the API import last week and it still has errors.

even tjoug the transaction for a long margin position and it’s correspondig sell were captures and displayed but the loans and repayment are not interpretet as such by Koinly.
For example: in the pair btc/usdt i entered in a long position in a 4x margin. koinly reports that I don’t have enought usdt for that, and the cost basis for the unaccounted usdt is 0, therefore the gain on that transaction is huge and it is completely wrong.

is that expected ? is that something thst will be fixed ? should I change how i am importing?

1 Like

Still the same problem few months later. You can’t even import CVS fille with borrow/repayment transaction. Not speaking about margin intrest fee…KOINLY please fix this !!!

I solved this after many days messing around with the software. This pertains to manually imported CSV’s.

For Margin Loan tag as “Realized P&L” or Fork/Airdrop at 0 cost base (disabled income setting).

Either is fine, just technical differences in the PNL calculations, tho the former is probably better as you may actually have airdrops/forks that need to be treated as income.

For Loan Repayment tag as “Realized P&L”.

I don’t think Koinly realizes that classifying Loan history using standard Deposit/Withdrawals for manually imported CSV’s is incorrect.

1 Like

@jg511
What did you use to label the transfers between spot account and margin account? they came up as deposits and withdrawals in my Koinly…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.