Trading fees way too high

Describe the problem:

Koinly showing trading fees as $1.2 million. When I view the tax report there is a warning that the $1.2 million has no cost basis. However, the tax report reflects the correct amount of fees and the gains/losses are correct as well.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

Can’t track down which exchange is causing the issue but I think it started when I added Binance.us API

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?

Nothing, I don’t want to delete anything and start over.

1 Like

Ok, after several times going through transactions I stumbled upon the problem. A transaction imported from Binance.us was showing .0001 BNB being worth 1.2 million lol. Transaction was from dust collector, BTC to BNB. Not sure why the value of BNB is being reported as so high but I soft deleted the transaction and the trading fees are back to normal.

I just noticed a similar issue and, yes, the root cause seems to be BNB fees that occurred during “dust conversion” on Binance (US). Strangely, though, most of these transactions are okay; one, however, shows 0.00000479 BNB as being worth $2499.94 (at “$521.91m per BNB”). :hushed:

So, anyway, the question is why this is happening and how to fix it without a crazy amount of manual work… Koinly support???

After looking at this more closely, I actually noticed that all of these dust-conversion transactions result in an output of “0.00000000 BNB” on Koinly. This is clearly incorrect and (partially) helps explain why the attached fees are in a range of tens of million percent. However, I still do not understand why only one of these transactions has a crazy discrepancy in the attached BNB price, while the others are fine in that regard.

I opened a ticket with Koinly support and hope they will find a relatively simple solution soon…

Hey guys,

Appreciate you bringing this to our attention - our developers have been made aware of this and are currently working on a fix. I don’t have a time frame I can share with you, but I will update this thread as soon as I get an update!

In the meantime, I would recommend using CSV files to import your data - you can find instructions on how to download the files needed for Binance and Binance US on the links provided.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.