Need help with setting acquisition cost from old cold wallet coins

Describe the problem:
I acquired Litecoins long ago on a defunct exchange and had them in a cold wallet since 2013. Now, Koinly sees the deposits in Coinbase during 2021 but the value it shows as cost was calculated at market price for the deposit days, which is way higher than when I paid for those coins.

How can I fix this? It’s skewing all calculations, basically my acquisition cost is being calculated wrong

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Old cold wallet to Coinbase Pro

How did you import data into this wallet?
I added a manual Deposit dated in the past, hoping Koinly would reconcile and know that those Litecoins where the ones going into Coinbase but it doesn’t seem to work like I thought

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Asking here because I think I can edit each deposit into Coinbase and change the “Worth value” but I’m not sure if that would be a bad idea

1 Like

Hey @jim_bo

Good to hear from you!

Changing the “worth” would be the solution in this case if you don’t want these deposits to be valued at market price (on the day).

If you need further assistance with this, please contact us via Live Chat or [email protected] so we can take a look at the transactions. :+1:

Best,
Ali :rocket:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.