IP Banned message?

Describe the problem:
I did a manual synch like have always done on one of my wallets and I get this message ???
"
Way too much request weight used; IP banned until 1658595958083. Please use the websocket for live updates to avoid bans. - -1003 (418) "

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

Binance
How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
None - no idea why I am getting this or what does it mean ?

1 Like

I have had the same message. I only submitted the request once. It took nearly an hour for the data to upload to Koinly. And now I don’t know if it captured all the data from Binance. But the ‘synced’ icon is in red. It appears there is about 70 transactions missing.

This error means that you are polling the Binance API too often, surpassing the maximum allowed number of requests per minute (I think that the threshold is 1200 requests per minute but I am not 100% sure, you have to check Binance API docs for this). A couple of cases where such an error appears:

• you have another program/bot/script/API call which polls their endpoint using the same API key
  • you clicked by mistake more than once the manual sync button in a relatively short time, resulting thus to sending and receiving a duplicate number of requests

You can do nothing for the time being, give it a day before trying again…

1 Like

Thanks, very strange as I synced twice and a couple hours apart I thought.

Hi yes am getting the same error as well will the API work again?

1 Like

@Moon_Soul - hey there :wave:

This error is intermittent, please try the sync in an hour or so and it should be okay!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.