ICO Accounting Issue

Hiya,

I have a cost basis issue. Its complicated and this is all pretend values:

Bought TKY 2017: I can see the amount on deposited into my wallet as worth $100,000. This has been sitting there till today. The price has tanked 90% of its value over this time period.

On Kucoin, I have another $50,000 that I bought over the years. So this was roughly at the tanked price. I want to account for this initial ICO loss this year. So what I did was transfer the 50,000 TKY onto another wallet and then transferred the ORGINAL $100,000 onto the exchange and sold it. What was odd is that the value of this transfer from cold wallet to exchange was seen as $3000.

But in my mind, the cost of that $100,000 grouping should be that, $100,000 and as a result I’ve made a loss of $90000.

I’m not seeing this on Koinly, that sale today has been costed at $20,000 and the eth value at say $2000, meaning a loss of $18,000. So significantly less that what I expected.

Am I doing something wrong here? I’m assuming even if I change the value of the TKY going to the exchange to $100,000 instead of that random $3000, it wont change that cost basis calculation?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.