How can I report token reflections without tx

RedPanda ERC20 token reflections increase balances of holders. How can this increase be reported in Koinly?

Describe the problem:
RedPanda tokenomics include a contract feature with 2%burn +2% redistribution to holders with every transaction, balances continue to increase with no tx for reporting purposes. I haven’t moved or sold any.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Metamask & Trust

How did you import data into this wallet?
API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
nothing

Hi there!

What we suggest you do in this case is to just manually create transactions with the amount that has been reflected back to you.
For more accurate record keeping you might want to add one transaction per day, or one per week.
So for example if you receive 1 RedPanda every hour you can create a transaction with 24 RedPanda tokens being received for that day, or 24x7=168 for a weeks worth of reflections.

Most likely you should label these as “Rewards” or “Income”, but it’s best to always check the guidelines from your tax agency on how specific scenarios are taxed.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alex

I really have no idea the rate at which the RedPanda are added, they are income - I am assuming creating a transaction requires a tx link - I have none so is this possible without that? That’s my question.

Im also holding some tokens that get redistribution on every buy, sell and transfer transactions.

When I sold some of these tokens, I get this Koinly warning:

“Missing purchase history for 1344957934098 ABCDEFG coin”

Im pretty sure those extra coins come from redistribution. How to manually fix this in a single swoop?

Recording daily transactions of redistribution token is quite a painstaking and tedious process.

I’m also currently holding a token (with redistribution) for almost 8 months now and will do so for at least another 4 months.

Or maybe ignoring that warning error is the best way to go?

I simply calculated the difference and added a single transaction to cover them since I have no tx to link or any other way of figuring out when and what amounts I got.

yhea i have the same issue with safemoon , i earn reflections and pay 10%tax on buy and sell the token, how can i calculate my earning when theres no record of the transactions?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.