End of Year Holdings Report - incorrect values

Describe the problem:
Tax year 2021 - generating an End of Year Holdings report and it is calculating more than 5 BTC more than I actually have. Current holdings are accurate. How do I get detail how the End of Year Holdings report is generated? it just shows the summary, not the detail.

What have you tried to fix this so far?

All wallets/transactions refreshed. End of Year Holdings report regenerated multiple times

Issue seems to also be posted here: End of year holdings for the current year does not match Dashboard holdings

Please advise

Hi @DeeEye,

Thank you for shining a light here, and pointing to a previous discussion so we can share responses in both places. :raised_hands:

The 2021 holdings will show what you had in your balance on 31/12/2021 at 11:59pm, so if you have a different balance now, then it’s likely that some disposals took place in 2022.

It’s hard to know exactly what the situation is without checking the account more closely, so please contact us via email or chat if you think something is being calculated incorrectly.

Cheers, and have an awesome day!

Hi I have been in contact with support and now not getting a response so coming back here.
The issue is I have a difference between my Calculated vs Reported balances. The End of Year report is based off of the Calculated balance - it should be based on the Reported balance as this is what matches what is in my Dashboard. Please advise

Does anyone have any suggestions here please? I have to submit my taxes and really need this end of year holdings report

Hi @DeeEye,

My apologies for the delay in response here!

Thank you for the additional context as well. This happens because the “End of year holdings” report uses the calculated balance by Koinly, while the dashboard/wallet holdings use the reported API balance.

For more detail into this we have this guide regarding the dashboard, as it can appear a little funky.

Thank you for your patience in the support chat/email, and for posting here!

Have an awesome day.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.