Deleting a wallet also deletes matched TXes from other wallets/exchanges

I have a wallet which has several incoming transfers from other wallets and exchanges. I recently screwed up my CSV import to the wallet and needed to delete it and reimport from scratch. When I did this I found that deleting the wallet also deleted the original transactions from the other wallets and exchanges that were sending to this wallet and were matched as the send side of a transfer. This meant I had to redo the imports for all those other wallets and exchanges to get back those transactions as well.

This was a bit of a pain to have one wallet affect a large portion of my portfolio imports like this, but my main concern is the faith I have in exchange APIs to put varying limits on the history of data they return, and that I may risk losing unrecoverable data as a result of actions on an unrelated wallet.

Is it possible to be able to have transfer transactions unmatched, either automatically during deletion of a wallet or manually for a wallet, such that the action of deleting a wallet does not have any side effects on transactions from other wallets or exchanges in my portfolio?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.