Date Acquired is blank in Capital gains report

Describe the problem:
In my “Capital gains report 2020”, the “Date Acquired” of assets is coming blank for all assets (expect for cases of missing cost/ rate for which “Date acquired” is same “Date Sold”

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
for all wallets/ exchanges

How did you import data into this wallet?
both manually and API

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Cant do it. It seems to be a bug

Hello Anant,

I just tested this out and there was no issue with the dates in the capital gains report I generated for 2020. So can you please re-generate a report and tell me the steps you’re taking to get this error? I’ll do my best to help you sort this out.

Regards,

Anakin

Dear Anakin,

Any updates on this? It still not resolved.

Hi Anakin,

It is still the same issue. I downloaded Capital Gains report for both 2020 and 2021, but ‘Date Acquired’ is still blank in both reports. I’m based in India and have changes the Tax-report period to 1-Apr to 21-Mar since that is the tax year in India. Also, I have changed the base currency to INR (Indian Rupee).

I’m not sure if the above facts are a reason for this issue.

Please resolve the issue, since I need holding period for each currency to calculate my taxes.

Regards,
Anant

Hi Anant,

What cost-basis method are you using?
The field will usually be blank if you are using ACB because there are usually more than acquisition dates. In these cases, the acquisition date should usually be reported as ‘various’.

Best regards,
Petur

Hi I’m Canadian and I have the same problem. I can see some date acquired but most are blank… When there is a deposit, why it doesn’t take that date from there?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.