Cardano ADA Rewards in seperate wallet

I have successfully added my Rewards wallet (it is now easier to find the rewards wallet address with the latest Daedelus release 4.0.4). However the balance and number of transactions remain 0. @koinly have successfully added my Rewards wallet (it is now easier to find the rewards wallet address with the latest Daedelus release 4.0.4). However the balance and number of transactions remain 0. @Koinly, please advise what needs to happen to have this fixed and who needs to do this, Koinly or Cardano?

Is there any news from Koinly on this matter yet?

1 Like

I would also love to have this feature

1 Like

The best way to solve this would be by adding support for Cardano public keys (which can be found in Daedalus by going to wallet settings). That way, we wouldn’t need to track every Cardano address separately in Koinly.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, please fix it.

Worked for me! Currently staking in Yoroi. Just had to go to Add wallet → Cardano (Ada) → Use Destination Wallet address for the Stake transaction on your own wallet. Done. Staked ada and transactions show nicely in koinly. Good job

1 Like

Hey, where do you find the destination wallet address on Yoroi?

Which address did you add? The stake1 address?

I’m using Yoroi as well, but can’t figure this one out, could you share please?

Hi there, having the same issues. How do you add cardano rewards received? The Cardano blockchain uses addr1xxxxxx address formatting for the addresses which contain people’s ADA and the rewards generated from staking ADA are sent to a different address with address formatting stake1xxxxxx.

Daedalus allows users to download all their staking rewards for all wallets they own into a single CSV file but when uploading that CSV file into the Koinly system it has errors.

You can lookup your address on a Cardano Blockchain Explorer. https://explorer.cardano.org
It should show the address where your ADA gets staked when your wallet is delegated to a staking pool.
This is a bit of a workaround to add this as an extra wallet, and it would be great if Koinly could dynamically check if the ADA wallet is delegated to a pool, and include transactions to/from the Pool.

same here! staking on adalite but rewards are not showing up in koinly which renders my tax report useless :frowning:
@koinly this topic is open for quite some time now, any upcoming solution? happy to help or test with my cardano accounts. thanks!

2 Likes

So I found a workaround…

1. go to pooltool.io
  2. click on ‘rewards data for taxes’
  3. search your ada address
  4. scroll to bottom of page and use the export tool to export all transactions.
  5. reformat data into koinly csv file ready to upload.
  6. add a wallet ‘adalite’
  7. upload file and mark all entries as reward.

this works but will need updating monthly etc to keep it current.

rewards now show in koinly below and will be tagged correctly as income.

Good luck!

I wish to throw you a curve ball … I keep my ada rewards recorded by creating a manual csv - tedious but it has shown up a Puzzle which I would like to see if you or anyone else has struck…
Epoch: 288 shows my rewards on Pooltool and on the pooltool csv download as well … BUT my Daedalus Wallet has not added the rewards earned off Epoch 288 … anyone else discovered this???

Thanks DonHaeberle for your thoughts … I am up to date with Daedalus updates. Epoch 288 was the epoch that occurred just a few minutes before the Alonzo hard fork… Epoch 289 has been added to the Wallet Balances. I have put in a ticket to IOHK to see what light they can shed upon this unusual situation.

i was just wondering. with this method, how can koinly link your reward ada to your ada wallet? you upload the rewards to a new “adalite” wallet without a cardano wallet address. meaning koinly will think your rewards and staking ada are on different wallets right? with that method your tax report is not consistent

koinly support just replied me. can’t believe it, there must be a way to implement this to koinly. if pooltool can do it why can’t koinly?

–snip–
Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, we’re unable to fetch ADA transactions since the Shelley update. The whole model changed to UTXO and those transactions might not get imported using the public address keys. I recommend you create a new Adalite wallet and import those details using CSV files.

Thanks,

Karim
–snap–

edit: i have to say though, the pooltool workaround works, but its not what i’m expecting considering that cardano is the third larges crypto right now

2 Likes

This answer is a confession of failure by Koinly. I would have never expected something like this.

Koinly, you can do better!

Yes, it’s UTXO, yes, it’s different from Ethereum, yes you have to invest some work into it. Just do it!

1 Like

Maybe you have to upgrade your Daedalus? There was the Alonzo hard fork recently, maybe that causes the problem?

i wish instead of having 10 cointracking tools which all suck in some sort of way we would have only 2 or 3 which would fully support at least the top 30 blockchains

to be fair though, i don’t know any tracking tool which supports cardano stacking, at least accointing doesn’t

1 Like