Cardano ADA API sync: reported balance wrong

Describe the problem:
Cardano API sync reports wrong balance although all transactions are present and not missing.
Calculated balance is right though.
Zero balance also from other tokens.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Eternl/Ledger

How did you import data into this wallet?
API pubic key

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Re-sync from beginning / delete re-import wallet

9 Likes

Having the same issue - just started today.

2 Likes

Exact same issue here. I’ve not sync’d up for about 6 weeks so only noticed the problem today.

Have tried the same troubleshooting as @Smarthodl and get the same results.

I have multiple Cardano accounts across multiple wallets. If has only effected some of the accounts on some of the wallets, e.g. 2 accounts on Ledger and 1 account on Daedalus.

A check of the wallets themselves revleals that the balances are correct.

Noticed that if you start a “Resync wallet from beginning” it shows the correct balances right up until it finishes and then goes back to the wrong balances.

I will have a deeper dig though my transactions to see if I can find a pattern and post any findings.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Everything worked fine a day ago

2 Likes

I hold two Koinly accounts and they are experiencing the Exact same issue as everyone else. In one account I have three Cardano wallets (all Eternl). Two are working fine. One reports the correct Calculated Balances, but 0 Reported balances. Tried several attempts to fix, but nothing has worked. This was working fine two/three weeks ago. I have another Koinly account using a Cardano Ledger wallet and is displaying the same issues. Please resolve.

2 Likes

Same exact issue with the Cardano Ledger Wallet. Please resolve.

1 Like

Same issue here. I have also tried recreating the wallets and using the xpub and stake keys and they also produce the same result as the xvk public key.

1 Like

Hi Smarthodl :wave:t2:

I hope you’re well, thanks for your question!

There is currently an issue with the API reporting the wrong balance but the team is aware of it and a fix is on the way. If you upvote the issue at the link below you’ll receive an email as soon as it’s marked as complete. :+1:t2:

Cardano API: Reported balances are less than calculated - https://feedback.koinly.io/data-import-issues/p/cardano-api-reported-balances-are-less-than-calculated

Please note that there’s no ETA for it yet, but we announce all fixes on our Discuss forum and our Twitter page once they are released.

Until then, as your transactions are shown correctly in-app, what you could do is go to the wallet’s API setup and ‘ignore reported balances’. This will eliminate the warning upon syncing it again.

I hope that helps!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update @Carl_Koinly.

I’ve tried the trick of ignoring the reported balances. Although it does now show the correct balances on the individual wallets, it still flags an incorrect balance against the ADA total so the total portfolio balance is still wrong.

Is there any way to ignore the reported balance on the ADA total?

Thank you for the update. I’m unable to open the link that you provided to follow. It says my email does not have access. I made an account. Not sure what else is required. My email is associated with my account and no other way to verify the email after account registration. Please advise.

4 Likes

Same issue for me as well

I’ve also noticed this issue happened just after adding some tokens to the wallet.
Speaking of tokens: some tokens are duplicated, hence the reported/calculated balance is not accurate:

Similar issues here - the reported and calculated balances are in conflict, as the reported balances are showing as 0 even though I know this to be wrong as no transactions have been made.

This is only happening with Etnerl Wallets, and anything on Ledger is still showing as normal!

How frustrating, but hopefully they fix this soon!!

1 Like

Noticed that if you start a “Resync wallet from beginning” it shows the correct balances right up until it finishes and then goes back to the wrong balances.

@Nurfball exactly!

Same issue for me when syncing my Eternl/Ledger wallet! Stopped working a couple of days ago

3 Likes

Same issue here. No large new transactions added but since syncing a day ago it now shows >1000 Ada off of what is in there.

@Nurfball Try deleting the cache in settings.

1 Like

Blockquote

I assumed you meant cache for Eternl wallet? If so, I tried this and did a full resynch but still same issue!

1 Like

Blockquote @Nurfball Try deleting the cache in settings.

I assumed you meant cache for Eternl wallet? If so, I tried this and did a full resynch but still same issue!

1 Like

Hey @Smarthodl

Do you mean on the Dashboard? You can toggle to only see Calculated Balances there too, just make sure this option is disabled:

If I’ve misunderstood, please let me know! :pray:t2: