Bybit API Error

Describe the problem:
Bybit sync error - “too many visits”

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Bybit

How did you import data into this wallet?
Auto

What have you tried to fix this so far?
resync
delete and re-add

Wallet: ByBit (ByBit)
Transactions: 153
Imported with: API

1. Too many visits. Exceeded the API Rate Limit.
  2. No trades found
  3. This API has certain limitations:
  4. 4 transactions are missing purchase history
    ---- Missing 660.78658579 USDT between 2023-12-05 06:16:43 UTC and 2023-12-05 06:17:20 UTC
    ---- Missing 10.0 AVAX between 2023-12-05 05:55:38 UTC and 2023-12-05 06:13:18 UTC
    ---- Missing 99.9 DYDX on 2023-12-05 06:15:55 UTC
2 Likes

Same here, I can’t get it work

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing the same issue since the at least the 12th of December.
I’m really hoping to see this fixed shortly.

Hey @RJ_Clarke,

I hope you’re well and thank you for bringing this to our attention. :pray:t2:

We are aware of this issue with ByBit API resulting in the "Too many visits. Exceeded the API Rate Limit. " error message and have already reported it to our Engineering team.

You can follow the case and add additional comments if you wish via the link above. If you upvote the request , you’ll also receive an automated email notification when the status of this case changes.

For now, if you’re in a hurry, you could switch to the CSV method. The instructions for obtaining the necessary files can be found here:

We suggest all other clients dealing with this issue to proceed the same way for now.

Thank you for bearing with us,

Mathias
Customer Support Koinly

API is not working still.

The CSV method you mention results in a 7 day wait only for ByBit to then tell us to download their csv files at https://www.bybit.com/user/assets/exportStatment of which only 1 file of 6 received is recognised by your systems that being the SPOT file…

The DERIVATIVES, COPYTRADING and FUND files are not recognised…

Also the 2 other DERIVATIVES file that are available via this page using the secondary box are not recognised either.

Do you have a suggestion to go forward as we are at a complete impasse at the moment and taxes are due in a week or two.

@gerald

unfortunately, this is common with Bybit - the first response you get is an automated bot which tells you to self export - just respond back saying “no i cant self export” and you should get a human response.

You need to ask for -

• Spot Asset History
  • Derivative Asset History
  • Funding Asset History

Hi Mathias,

I re-contacted Bybit after they told me to go to https://www.bybit.com/user/assets/exportStatment and they seem to be reluctant to answer my specific request.

They replied mentioning the API (see reply below) and gave me a link to a help page to export data by another method. https://www.bybit.com/en/help-center/article/How-to-Self-Export-Account-Data

I highly expect that this help page does not contain a way to export the correct data needed by Koinly? If it does not then please let me know how to get the data from ByBit, my email to them could not have been much clearer as you can see.

This is annoying, Bybit API still not working and Koinly has closed the case created for this without any notification.

Why has this been marked as completed without not giving an update?

When trying to sync this wallet I receive the message:

This API is offline, please use CSV files instead

I tried recreating the API key in Bybit but doesn’t work either.

Please explain

1 Like

Exact same problem here. Found this post from 5 days ago (Bybit - we hear you 🙏), hope they are doing something about it because I need to file my taxes and that’s basically the main use case for the application. I tried to generate CSV files from Bybit directly but it just says “Please Wait” since the 29th of December 2023 so I think they might have some problems on their end as well…

The reports have finally been generated. That might be an alternative for you as well. You can generate them here: https://www.bybit.com/user/assets/exportStatment

1 Like

@wursthans909

We are hoping to add the upgraded Bybit API soon - I cant give an ETA but it is high priority right now.

Regarding the files, the self exported ones may not work or include all required data. We strongly advise you to submit a web form request to Bybit support using the steps listed below’

To access these files, you’ll need to contact Bybit support.

1. Open the request form on Bybit.
  2. Under Please select an option , choose Bybit account login, KYC and other requests .
  3. A second option will appear. Select Data export request.
  4. Select Yes.
  5. Under Indicate the data required, type Request Spot Account Asset History Data, Derivative Asset History Data, and Funding Asset History Data.
  6. Add the Start and End dates to cover your entire transaction history.
  7. Under Preferred file format , select CSV.
  8. Add the email address associated with your Bybit account.
  9. Click Submit.

Bybit’s support team will get back to you within 10 working days, though some users have reported this taking longer.

Bybit may prompt you to self-export these files, however, self-export files are not in the correct format for Koinly. Request the files that their support team send to you directly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.