Arbitrum tx fees use wrong gas price

Describe the problem:
Arbitrum transactions are overestimating the amount of ETH used as gas for transactions. Looking at the raw data, it looks like Koinly is taking the “gas price bid” from arbiscan, rather than the “gas price used”. This leads to an overstimation of losses and possibly issues with finding cost basis in later transactions

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Arbitrum

How did you import data into this wallet?
Arbitrum Wallet integration

What have you tried to fix this so far?
I tried correcting the Fee field, but Koinly does not allow you to change the ETH fee, only the USD value

8 Likes

I am seeing the exact same thing. I am having to manually enter all Arbitrum transactions to make this work. Has anyone from Koinly support looked into this?

1 Like

I’m running into the same problem, but it appears to be doubling every gas fee in ETH. I’m thinking the way to fix it is to go through and add the difference between what koinly says is the cost and what the actual cost was.

1 Like

I have this issue too. Gas fee calculations on Arbitrum are unfortunately wrong, resulting in both wrong tax calculations and wrong balance for the wallet. Any updates on this Koinly? Love the Arbitrum integration, but this seems like a fairly critical bug in it.

1 Like

Getting the smae problem here.

1 Like

Any news on this ?? Importing wrong gas fees is really problematic.

3 Likes

I am having exactly the same issue here.

Hello!

Alex from Koinly here :slight_smile:

Just want to let you all know that we’re aware of this issue and looking into it!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Any update on when this might be fixed? I’m having the same issue

1 Like

It’s been more than two months. Anything to report?

Gas fees are doubled in API synced transactions and they can’t be corrected because modification is forbidden. No means of downloading the wallet and re-uploading it as a corrected CVS file either. This leaves me faced with hours of work replacing every affected transaction unless something is done and the wait is very disconcerting given the severity of the bug on the integration’s ability to do its sole job.

2 Likes

Arbitrum gas fees are still completly incorrect, any ETA on this fix ?
Not presupposing complexity here, but it’s the same process as every EVM blockchain, should be fixed much faster than this.
Please, help us.

3 Likes

Any news on this issue ?

2 Likes

@Alexander_Koinly What is the update on this issue?

1 Like

@Alexander_Koinly Whats the status?

1 Like

Our developers are aware of this constraint and are looking for a solution. If you have been affected by this issue, please upvote your case to the dev report through the link below. You will then be notified over e-mail once a fix is deployed.

I have to say that, as of now, we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be reached. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

This may be extremely over simplified, but could they not just point it to use the correct value from the API? Per the linked bug page, it’s multiplying the total gas used by the ‘bid’ value instead of the ‘paid’ value. Seems a pretty straightforward fix which would resolve issues for anyone having to manually update their Arbitrum wallets.

3 Likes

Pretty crazy that this has been open so long without being fixed, even though someone has replied to Mathias with the exact solution that Koinly needs to implement

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.