AMP rewards - how do I account for them in Koinly?

AMP rewards are difficult (impossible?) to work with

Staked some AMP tokens on a raw Metamask address. Later on moved holding to a Ledger-backed address by unstaking, (which claims any rewards), withdrawing (from raw address), depositing (on Ledger address) and staking.

Koinly reports a missing purchase for the value of the staking rewards received as a byproduct of the unstaking/withdrawal.

Add an entry to represent the “missing purchase” manually, but then can’t correctly edit the “From Pool” transaction. You can’t change the Sent amount since it’s from an API. If you delete the entry then the “To Pool” will never match the “From Pool” and there’ll be a mismatch there.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

AMP on ERC20

How did you import data into this wallet?

Blockchain

What have you tried to fix this so far?

See above.

Anyone successfully accounting for AMP’s rewards?

Hello,

Unfortunately, these types of staking rewards have to be manually recorded otherwise Koinly will not be able to identify them properly. You need to create a withdrawal “sent to pool” and a deposit “received from pool” transaction to account for the rewards. We’re working to improve the staking features in Koinly in the near future, so stay tuned for that as well.

From a centralized exchange like Binance or Kraken you can follow the video below.

Kind regards,

Anakin

1 Like

I have a question about staking rewards. If I earn 1 $eth from staking 10 $eth:

• Creat a withdrawal “sent to pool” → 10 $eth
  • Creat e deposit “recieved from pool” → 11 $eth

Is that right? Thanks!! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.