Algorand official wallet ASA syncing error

Describe the problem:

Currency with symbol = **** not found for algo!

Several Algorand wallets that I’ve had synced in Koinly for most of this year with no issue are now showing the above error for various ASAs when I sync.

I tried resyncing them from the beginning and have now lost most of my transaction histories. These ASAs have been there (and I imagine, ignored) since I started using Koinly. What changed in the past day or two?

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Algorand official wallet

How did you import data into this wallet?
Sync

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Resyncing wallet from the beginning, which only made it as far as the first ASA transaction and wouldn’t proceed after that

Same for me. Looks like it is picking up ASAs now which is good but fails when they aren’t recognized which is a real problem considering how many NFTs, Test tokens, etc there is on Algorand.
This needs a fix as soon as possible as it completely break the Algorand API integration with all wallets that has unrecognized tokens.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m having the same problem, and it causes over half of my transactions to not import correctly.

2 Likes

FYI. I was able to work around this issue by editing my sync settings to have it start after the date the offending ASA was added to my wallet. This allowed the sync to complete successfully and start updating my balance properly.

1 Like

Looks like this was fixed! Wallet syncs no longer fail on unknown ASA transactions :+1:

1 Like

One of my Lofty tokens from ASA does not appear, although it is flagged by Koinly, somehow it knows.
The other 3 tokens from Lofty appear just fine and accurately show how many of each I own.

Hi!

Alex from Koinly here :slight_smile:

There are still some issues with certain ASA tokens unfortunately and there’s an open ticket for it with our developers.
I don’t have a timeline at the moment but rest assured we’re looking into it!

Best regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.