You need to purchase a tax report for 2021 before you can generate reports

As of yesterday my account displays this message when attempting to download a report, “You need to purchase a tax report for 2020 before you can generate reports”. I’ve already purchased plans for the amount of transactions I use.

Prior to yesterday I was able to download reports and now I receive this message for both 2020 and 2021. Can someone look into my account?

2 Likes

Same for me. My plan expired on the 8th but until then I was able to download any report from any year as long as I had enough “transactions”. Today I renewed the plan and I was shocked to discover that a plan is now for a specific year… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is happening to me too. What is a ‘Tax Report’?
Customer service gave me some canned response about transactions limit but my account isn’t over the yearly or total limit.
Plans are not supposed to ‘expire’. I’m not sure why they are blocking access to prior years reports. Taxes are due in 4 days, this is crazy.

From their pricing page:
“You can generate and download unlimited number of reports for the tax year that your plan is valid for.”

2 Likes

Yes, my taxes are also due and my accountant needs them today. I purchased an upgraded plan 5 months ago as shown in the photo and somehow I do not have access to download reports now. I was also told I would have access to previous year reports.

1 Like

They changed their plan yearly pricing of all-time number of transactions to a separate plan for every single year. I was lucky that they told me when I had a question about my prolongation in September. And I had saved already all former tax reports on my computer (never trust any company to store important information for you…). But I agree, this change in pricing policy should have been clearly announced long ago.
@Michael If you bought your plan 5 months ago it should be fine for another 7 months. I don’t understand why you have problems now.

1 Like

Where does it state on their pricing page that the plans are only valid for 365 days? I get that you need to buy a plan per each Tax Year, which is fine. The screenshot I posted above was by Petur Steinn from Koinly who said on July 28 that the plans do NOT expire anymore and you ALWAYS have access to your reports. So why did Robin Singh send me an email that stated “Your Koinly subscription has expired, you will need to renew it to continue generating tax reports”. What is going on with this company? I am literally scrambling trying to put together my tax return while waiting around for Koinly customer service to take its dear time to respond.

1 Like

Agreed with everything you all our saying. Here I am having to pay for the a tax year that I already paid for, this makes no sense. I was also told I could access previous years reports, this is not the case. We should be grandfathered in.

2 Likes

Yes, I completely agree. It’s totally fine and normal to pay each year but once we paid for a specific year, that specific year should be available forever, especially if that was the terms and conditions at the time we bought the plan!
Last year (October) I bought a plan based on my transaction numbers, which I guess would be equivalent to pay for 2020-2021 with the new pricing plans. Just because I did not print my tax report on time (did not need to), I had to pay AGAIN for 2020-2021.

I really hope and would appreciate if they do something about it so that we are grandfathered

I refuse to pay again. For now, I’m taking my business elsewhere even though I have to start over. Customer support is horrendous.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.