Using TaxAct, how to go about reporting sold airdrop?

Hi all. I am using TaxAct this year to file my taxes and have a question regarding Airdrops and what to input for “Other Income” on TaxAct.

In 2023 I received an ARB airdrop, and a month later sold/traded it to USDC. When I received the 1,750 ARB airdrop, it was valued at $1.42, which is a cost basis of about $2,485, which is what Koinly is showing as Income and what I apparently need to put in for “Other Income” on TaxAct. A month later it was valued at $1.18, and I traded 1,741 ARB to USDC equaling about $2,055; on Koinly it shows I have a -$413.36 gain because of the cost basis difference. In the CSV file I downloaded from Koinly, it put the $2,055 in the Sales Proceeds, but should it only be $413.36 as a gain?

I feel like putting the $2,485 in the “Other Income” is not correct and that it should actually be $413.36?

In this video at about 7:55, Nelly is talking about airdrops and needing to report them in the “Other Income” section.Does Koinly not factor in airdrops into gains and losses?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.