Unknown binance Operation

I have imported the CSV file produced by Binance (Transaction History → Generate all statements)

Most records are imported correctly but for a few of them I get the error:

unknown binance Operation 'Simple Earn Flexible Interest’

Any idea why this is not recognized?

Thanks.
Mic

Hi @MicLedger,

Thank you for reaching out about this. :raised_hands:

Binance recently changed their “operation” label, which is why the file was failing to import most of your transactions.

As a manual fix in the CSV file, the new fields should be renamed to a simple ‘reward’ label.

The flexible Subscription field should be ignored however, this is you sending tokens to staking.

Please note that some rows still fail - this can be ignored , as we will be skipping those rows anyway (internal transfers), once our dev team has updated our importer.

In the meantime, if anyone has any issues with editing their CSVs in changing the labels to ‘reward’, please connect with our support team and we would be happy to help import these files properly. :raised_hands:

The adaptation to fix the CSV importer will take around a week or so, as this affects all the users, it is definitely been given priority.

Thank you all, and have an awesome day!

3 Likes

I’m getting the same error with ‘Buy.’ I’ve tried a couple of obvious replacements for buy. Do you know what I can put in the csv to get these to process?

1 Like

I am also failing to import CSV’s with the “buy” operation. I tried changing buy to spot trading but which was partially successful. The transactions are imported but they’re reversed so BTC buys were registering as BTC sales. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @David_S and @Goopy6,

Pardon my delay in response, and cheers on implementing ‘spot trading’ for those buy operation transactions.

The best workaround for these would be:

1. Replace ‘Buy’ in Operation column with ‘Spot trading’

2. Swap Base_Asset and Quote_Asset, otherwise buys will be imported as sells

I do apologize for the temporary inconvenience! For anyone who would like to be sent a notification when our dev team has this fixed, please request this with our support team! There isn’t an ETA at the moment, though you’ll be immediately notified when it’s ready to go. :raised_hands:

Have an awesome day!

Hi @Michael_Koinly - I made the updates that you suggested above but it’s still not importing correctly. I am now getting an unknown binance Operation ‘Spot trading’ error. Any idea what I should do from here?

Hi @daaave,

Thank you for your patience with my response and for letting us know about this persistent error. :raised_hands: Because this workaround isn’t allowing the file to import, would you mind sending the CSV to our support team? They’ll be happy to investigate the issue and remap the file to import correctly.

My apologies for this inconvenience, man. Our dev team is swiftly chipping away at the Binance format operation changes implemented late last year. To see what’s been completed and what is still in progress, please check out our Canny page (search for Binance operations or Binance CSV) and add your vote to help expedite Binance integrations and features.

Thank you and I hope you all have an awesome day!

Hi @Michael_Koinly, I faced with

• unknown binance Operation ‘Transfer from Main Account/Futures to Margin Account’
  • unknown binance Operation ‘Transfer from Margin Account to Main Account/Futures’

is there any workaround ?

I create CVS files yesterday, so those should have the newest formatting.

I do run into various issues when importing those, the API seems to have issues as well. Since those transactions are neither imported via API nor CVS

unknown binance Operation ‘Referral Commission’
unknown binance Operation ‘Transaction Revenue’
unknown binance Operation ‘Transaction Sold’
unknown binance Operation ‘Transaction Buy’
unknown binance Operation ‘Transaction Spend’

2 Likes

Did you get an answer for this?

Tray changing everything in question to "Transaction Related
"

Hi @Mykyta and all,

Thank you very much for your patience with us through many Binance CSV changes regarding ‘unknown operation.’ My apologies for the delay of additional workarounds and confirmation with this persistent issue.

I’m happy to signal that our dev team has completed the unknown Binance operation CSV fixes for the trade types that were introduced several months ago.

• Transaction Revenue/Sold
  • Transaction Buy/Spend
  • Binance Convert
  • New name for commissions ‘Referral Commission’
  • New types of internal transfers “Transfer between (…)”

If you have any trouble at all importing or notice any failed rows, please connect with our support team. Our dev team will want to know asap!

Additionally, here is our feedback page specific to Binance CSV issues to reference any workarounds should there be any changes from Binance down the road.

Thank you all again for your patience and sharing workarounds. :raised_hands:

Have a wonderful day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.