Trying to understand cost basis using Shared Pool / Individual

@koinly @Nathan_Koinly ?

bumping this up again as koinly hasnt come back with an anwer yet

Same with me im encountering major issues, and im considering whether or not I should use this service.

History:

Bought coin GRT 2001.53 for £1023.67 (includes fee 5.09) on 31st Jan 2021
Sold GRT 2001.53 for £1128.36 (includes sell fee 5.64)
gain shown is £99.35 It is correct upto here, however below is when it goes awry

Bought GRT 3486.27 for £2138.65 (includes fee 10.64) on 4th feb 2021
Bought GRT 862.74 for £510.69 (includes fee 2.54) on 4th feb 2021
Sold Above GRT total 4249.01 for £3006.72 (includes sell fee £15.03) on 5th feb 2021
gain on koinly says £565.65??

I have no idea why, the gain should be way lower. Maybe koinly adding phantom wrong cost basis from earlier transaction history elsewhere and pooling when it shouldn’t be?

P.S This was the first instance where I made two purchases of the same coin on the same day, and sold the whole lot the next day, before this I never had problem with my cost basis.

edit: My gain amount has now changed, however it is still wrong and way to high

@koinly any updates?

@koinly - my mesages are now unansweered for 5 days…this is getting really tiresome with unresolved issues.

I have reviewed the transaction again and it looks like the update has taken effect.

You can see from the cost analysis that it is correctly using the same day pool (Gain -1.85).

1 Like

Good news, thanks for coming back on this @rwg11. It looks like the Koinly peeps are overstretched with whatever is going on behind the scenes, as they are neglecting these boards. The silence doesn’t inspire confidence.

Great news for you, for me its still not fixed, in my last update I mentioned that the gain did change but its still off…

Here purchase 1: cost basis £2138.65

Here is purchase 2: cost basis £510.69

Point of note: This was the first time I purchased the same type of coin on the same day at different times, prior to this I never had a problem with my cost basis being incorrect as I never made a purchase in such a way

I then sold all the coins in one go shown below: sold for £3006.72 including fee: £15.03

As you can see above the gain is incorrect, as mentioned in my first post, the gain was shown as £565.65 and then recently changed to £416.79, but it still incorrect

if the image doesn’t show in full please right click image and open in new tab, coins were bought and sold within 2 days @koinly

Hey @Absar_Ahmed. You can’t use your above screen shot in isolation. The coins you bought on the 7th feb are within 30 days when you last sold them so the cost basis changes. This is the case in your original post. When you bought GRT on the 4th Feb the cost basis reverts back to your purchase on the 31st Jan so all your gains etc get updated.

1 Like

@koinly

Okay ive decided its better to maybe not use this service if its going to keep calculating incorrectly

I have again another situation with the wrong cost basis making my gain much more than what they seem

I don’t know why us users are having to provide technical support for Koinly (@Koinly seriously guys, where are you???!), but @Absar_Ahmed what do you see when you click on the sell transaction to open up the “more detail” section and then click “Cost analysis”?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.