Transactions not imported in correct fiat currency

I’m new to this, so I don’t know exactly what info is stored on the blockchain and in my wallets, but when I import transactions they come through with the rates in the wrong currency.

My base currency is NZD and if I buy 5000 USDC, it shows as costing NZD5000 which is not correct as it obviously cost USD5000.

Likewise, I bought ETH at USD366, but this shows as NZD366.

Currency conversions was a signifacnt reason for trying Koinly, but so far it’s not working out for me. Is this a bug, or a feature?

I have since imported a CSV from an Exchange and it appears to have corrected the currency values

Perhaps it is making assumptions when it doesn’t have the currency info it needs. I’ll keep checking, but the transactions are looking better now. I have soft-deleted some of the transactions that are not directly related to my investments. These appear to be where the exchange transactions in bulk and then transfers out my purchase amount.

If you recently switched from USD to NZD then it can take some time for values to update

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.