"too much data for one sync, try syncing again"

Describe the problem:

“too much data for one sync, try syncing again”
Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?

METIS METAMASK

How did you import data into this wallet?

WALLET ADDRESS

What have you tried to fix this so far?

Resync, delete and resync

I have 66 000 transactions on metis in the past 3 years, guessing that’s too much but I can’t do my taxes because it’s giving me incorrect values on everything

Hey @Get_Schwifty93

This error means that the API could not fetch all transactions in a single sync, so you need to keep initiating a sync until it pulls everything through.

If the error persists, please email [email protected]

thanks Ali! will keep resyncing and get back to you <3

I have pushed the “sync” button on the wallet around 6 times now, it doesn’t seem to be making any difference. Should I keep going? :sweat_smile:

@Get_Schwifty93 could you PM me your Koinly email address? I’ll check the wallet for you :slight_smile:

Cant thank you enough for the speedy replies! cant seem to find a PM button on your account but its @gareth93@gmail.com

also, question, if i permanently or soft delete this years tx’s from the wallet, would that make the file easier to sync for last year’s tax I’m currently doing?

@Get_Schwifty93 I am going to create a support ticket for you, please check your e-mails! The advance team will get back to you within 24-48 hours :+1:

Hey Ali! My apologies for asking on here but im not getting much help from the live chat. this metis issue is now acknowledged by the devs, and its on a list of issues but not in the active fix area. im already late paying taxes due to the issue with seemingly no time limit set on when they fix it. any suggestions? i might need to request a refund and use another tax software :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.