Swyftx staking wallet not showing up in reported balance

Describe the problem:
On 16 Nov 2021, Swyftx released a new feature to stake coins on their platform. This works by allocating coins from a Swyftx trading wallet to a staking wallet, which then generates staking rewards.
I moved some ADA and ALGO to their staking wallets for those coins two days ago and have begun receiving staking rewards for those coins.
However, when I synchronised my Koinly reporting, Koinly is showing that I have a zero balance for these coins, yet the imported transactions have calculated the true amount of coins that I have. There is also an error message, stating that “the balance calculated from the imported transactions for this coin is HIGHER than your actual balance of ### ADA”.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Swyftx. The staking wallet is a new feature and Koinly probably needs to update the API handling to account for the new feature.

They are currently providing staking for ADA, ALGO, KAVA, DOT, KSM, ATOM, SOL, and XTZ.

How did you import data into this wallet?
API with auto-sync enabled.

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Manually triggered a sync - no change. My ledger shows the correct balance of coins, but the current balance cannot see the staked coins.

Same issue I have - Koinly doesnt bring the Staking data in from Swyftx through the API and show on dashboard

1 Like

the same problem here with ADA and DOT staking.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with DOT.

If that can help the staking rewards are visible in the Swyftx_Tax_Report file as

19/11/2021,9:59:59,staking,DOT,0.01111111,,,,0.000,1.11111111,0.000, 
20/11/2021,9:59:59,staking,DOT,0.01111111,,,,0.000,1.11111111,0.000, 
21/11/2021,9:59:59,staking,DOT,0.01111111,,,,0.000,1.11111111,0.000, 

I changed the numbers but you get the idea. So integration shouldn’t be too hard.

2 Likes

Also unable to make ADA staked coins appear on Koinly wallet correctly, am using Swyftx and their staking option. Would also appreciate answer to question

2 Likes

Hi mate,

I had the same issue, it’s not perfect but that’s how I solved it.
Create a separate wallet with your ADA stake address (it won’t sync but in case one day koinly wake up it might catch up). From there:

• I add a reward entry each time I claim my ADA stake in the new account
  • I add a transfer transaction between this new account and my real wallet straight after.

That’s all, so realistically just manually doing what should be automatic.

Same issue that I am having, I tried importing the CSV file but Koinly did not accept the staking transactions. This needs to get fixed before tax time.

Hello!

Alex from Koinly here :slight_smile:

Just letting you all know that we are aware of this and it’s high on our to-do list!
I don’t have a timeline at the moment but rest assured we are working on it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alex

3 Likes

Hi Alex. Is there any update on this? Please understand many of us use Koinly as a portfolio tracker and make financial decisions based on balances, gain/loss position, etc. This should be a top priority of Koinly to have this resolved. Thank you.

@Brett Hello!

This has been fixed a few days ago! :slight_smile:
If you try syncing your wallet you should see that it tracks properly!

If you’re noticing any issues after that then please send us an email at [email protected] so we can take a closer look.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Alex, im having this issue as well. Please help! I have sent an email.

I still have the issue of Swyftx Staked Coins not syncing.
Others noticed it working correctly, so I will send an email for review. Thanks

Hi
I still have this issue on all coins staked on Swyftx. Since being advised that this issue has been fixed (but not for me) I have emailed Koinly twice, messaged Koinly muliple time while logged in and followed up on both. I have been completely ignored and had no response. Very frustrated and despondent with the service and product right now. :frowning_face:
Would love some support please?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.