Seeking feedback from Canadians who filed crypto taxes with Koinly before, with a proper accountant

Looking for feedback from any fellow Canadian in the know on filing crypto taxes with Koinly and an accountant.

Last year was the first year I filed crypto taxes and I found no accountant who knew how to do it.
It looks like I’ve screwed up, by giving my accountant only Schedule 3, for capital gains.
After having looked at all logs, this year’s Koinly full tax report and the reviewing the 2022 tax guide for Canada, I realize that that filing was INCOMPLETE.

If you are a Canadian and you are fully in the know on how to file taxes properly (you worked with a proper accountant last year) - can you please confirm my suspicion on what needs to be included in the filing? Ideally, could you please indicate (via a DM, if you wish) - which boxes you’ve filled in with which Koinly info?

Here’s what I believe:

• Schedule 3 is to be used for the declared capital gains
  • The income amount is to be added to the year’s personal (employment) income
  • Gifts, donations & lost assets - this does NOT have to be included - right? It’s not a credit, nor a charge
  • Expenses - to be deducted from the personal income amount

Is this the case? Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.