Private data and security of your clients

Hello,
As we all know, there is a lot of scammy people in the crypto space.
How do you protect the identity of your clients ?

My concern is let’s say your client purchase a susbcription, paid by card, paypal or any usual providers, his name will be associated to all his transactions right ?
If by “unfortunate” circumstance, your database leak, then the value of their belongings would ends up in potentially harmfull hands and they could end up being targeted by malicious people.

We have seen the problem that this type of leak can cause with the Ledger database hack, and it would be an even more problematic situation with a tax software that display a lot more of precious data.

So how are you dealing with this, are you deleting any sensitive data like name/adress if asked ? Can your client subscribe by using crypto and private coin like XMR?

I think the most important for a service like yours would be that the client name/adress would stay anonymous in your system, is it the case ?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this for me.
Cheers

I agree, quite good point. I hope they doing proper security.

1 Like

Could someone from the Team respond to me on this please ? I just want to make sure all the data between you and stripe, cannot reveals any personal identity, in the situation where a breach would occur into the Stripe service(your payment service) or your platform.
Cheers

3 Likes

Interested in that as well. The recent Ledger hack shows that critical services such as Koinly can be a source of real issues if exploited. It would be great to hear from the team about what’s done in order to keep our private, very sensitive data as secure as possible.

3 Likes

Hi Koinly Team

Please can we get a response on this?

Also any hope for 2FA on our accounts please?

2 Likes

This topic … asking about current Client Data SECURITY Safety is absolutely IMPORTANT and I’m concerned not to see some comment from Koinly here …

Being at the blunt end of this Damn Ledger Breach … I can Assure you is not Desirable in any Form…

How is Koinly currently protecting our private details?
and how far away is 2FA?
Cheers

3 Likes

Yeah kinda troubling to see a thread like this from late December with no comment from the team, not even quick post to a boilerplate page…

3 Likes

Should we start talking about it on Twitter and other social media ?

1 Like

I just found some links that discuss this topic in the Koinly Help Center. Check them out:

Koinly Help Center - Account Related

How Secure is Koinly?
Does Koinly Sell My Cryptocurrency Data?
Does Koinly Report My Cryptocurrency Data to the Government?
How Do I Delete My Account?

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to dig up this info. Very helpful and re assuring!
2FA would be the cherry on top i guess. :slight_smile:

not reassuring at all. not one member of the Koinly team shows up in a discussion about security and privacy?