Please add 2FA to Koinly

Can you please add 2FA to Koinly. The recent ledger hack shows the value of crypto holders names and addresses.

I understand 2FA would only protect each user and not your entire customer list.

I love the Koinly service and would love it even more if you could add 2FA - (not SMS) to your service.

Surely you can connect the Google Authenticator?

I concur. 2FA is a must in this industry in my honest opinion.

8 Likes

Agree, this is a must for me to be a recurring client or Iā€™ll probably change to another service that offers this.

Regards

4 Likes

Hi,
From my little research on how data is secured at Koinly, it looks like they are not keeping any records of the personal information, like official name associated with the ā€œportfolioā€ in their own database.
They are using stripe (https://stripe.com) to validate the purchase of the plan, thatā€™s the one who have all the personal information I believe. I have always found strange as well not having 2FA, but maybe thatā€™s the reason.

You are maybe just a number in their database, without anything else attached, at least it s what Iā€™ve understood but I would love to have more clarification on thisā€¦

I really believe they should communicate a bit more on how privacy is handled. They could even put this in front of their webpage, people starts to care more about their privacy, and this awareness is just starting.
That would help to bring them more clients and also not lose any.

2 Likes

Yes, please and thank you.

1 Like

Agreed 100%. Any and all username/password checks should provide the user with an option to add 2FA, but 2FA wonā€™t protect any of our information from being stolen from a ā€˜back endā€™ database. It will stop someone who guesses a password from accessing someoneā€™s dashboard (which is a honey pot of details that can be used for further social engineering)ā€¦ so, yes 2FA option should be added.

3 Likes

+1 please.
Need Google authenticator and Yubikey support

3 Likes

This one is a must, are you guys at Koinly even reading this? We need to hear your voice!

2 Likes

adding 2FA is really important +1

1 Like

Yes please, 2FA is vital.

3 Likes

Yes, please. It is an important feature!

1 Like

This would be a great add ā€“ I am surprised it isnā€™t already offered.

1 Like

Agree 2FA should be offered.

1 Like

Please add 2-factor authentication

1 Like

This is quite critical, adding my support.

1 Like

+1 surprised this isnā€™t a thing yet to be honest.

2 Likes

Please add 2FA to Koinly asap.

Bump. Since Koinly requires a comprehensive import of all wallets, exchanges, and addressesā€¦ this is an absolute necessity.

1 Like

I concureā€¦much needed

Surprised that this ticket is nearly one year old. This is an urgent security feature that needs to be implemented asap.

2 Likes