KuCoin purchase history missing

Describe the problem:
Several initial purchase transactions are missing.

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
KuCoin

How did you import data into this wallet?
API data sync

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Search KuCoin for the transactions.

Hi guys, does anyone have a fix for this? I’m new to the forum.

Wallet: KuCoin (KuCoin)
Transactions: 23
Imported with: API

1. No airdrops/forks found
  2. This API has certain limitations:
    ---- Data prior to the Kucoin upgrade on 2019-02-18 may be missing
  3. 10 transactions are missing purchase history
    ---- Missing 3106.8908 SOLVE on 2020-05-11 09:45:42 UTC
    ---- Missing 5040.7856 DRGN between 2020-05-11 09:46:12 UTC and 2020-11-29 03:44:53 UTC
    ---- Missing 267.6129 OXEN between 2020-11-29 03:48:21 UTC and 2020-11-29 03:49:41 UTC
    ---- Missing 600.55336669 CRPT between 2020-05-11 09:41:01 UTC and 2020-05-11 09:43:32 UTC
    ---- Missing 14410.48034934 DGB between 2020-11-29 03:37:10 UTC and 2020-11-29 03:58:15 UTC
1 Like

I am having issues with this too, much of my trade history can’t be found on their website either.

I’ve emailed them however their support is beyond bad from previous experience, still trying to resolve another ticket which is more than 8months in the making.

Would a CSV file be more accurate than the API?

1 Like

Oh man, that doesn’t sound very promising. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello, new here, like May 1st thread/post. So yes, im working on my crypto taxes early and already encountering many missing items. I’ve been messaging back and forth with coin base for a couple weeks now regarding 3 transactions and getting nowhere with them. It’s like talking to a brick wall. They don’t answer my question or help me, just send links to read which doesn’t solve my issue. Some how the 3 purchases in reference all occurred on the same date, September 7, 2021 and all 3 say “received” instead of “ “bought” and I’m not sure why. I didn’t transfer them in or buy them anywhere else and I know coinbase didn’t give me free tokens. On the details of the transaction it even says received from “Coinbase” I checked Pro and I didn’t transfer from there. The problem with them saying received is that they use a $0 cost basis for received coins so when I sell those coins it’s like 100% profit on paper instead of it showing me buying those coins and selling them for a few hundred dollars lost between the 3 transactions. This artificially increases my capital gains by thousands. I’m trying to get them to look at it and change it to “bought” so I can get rid of those false gains but unsure if they can even fix it, I have no confidence in them so…so when I upload to Koinly they use the same info coming from coin base so it’s still inaccurate and I’m not sure what to do or if anyone else has experienced this. I

KuCoin is appalling, no ownership at all. I can only imagine what an absolute nightmare if you’d have your account frozen and funds stuck as their customer service is beyond critique.

Maybe helpful for both of you;

I have been able to find when my trades took place through going to “main account” / “trading account” then click “account details” and then download a CVS file for the specific time period. As Koinly will tell you when the tx are missing from you can search that period.

You’ll get your order history when the tokens transefered from your their exchange to your accounts. Note this does not include price but at least the day and time. This way you can compile estimates yourself (I have 15k rows in excel).

Not going to use KuCoin anything more, that’s for sure.

Best regards,
Andreas

3 Likes

This is the key. History from both Main account and Trading acount. Thank you

1 Like

I have the same issue. But mine are related to loan/loan repayment transactions that were from the old “pool x” or from trading bot activity. I have 360 missing transactions, and am pulling out my hair trying to get this to reconcile.

You may want to try importing the CSV for your missing purchases. Go to your trading account details page, and try running a report for each individual asset. Them import that CSV into Koinly. (Note you can only download 5 a day). Crypto Exchange | Bitcoin Exchange | Bitcoin Trading | KuCoin

Good luck to us all!

2 Likes

I think Kucoin made changes to when they renamed the Pool-X account to the Financial account. Are your missing transactions before dec 21?

Any updates on this? I’m missing all of my trade history before August 2021. I’ve messaged support recently, hope they can get back to me before taxes are due…

1 Like

Indeed it is a total mess. It’s not just transactions before the 2019 update. Many trades from 2021 are missing.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your amazing patience here.

The KuCoin API is often incomplete, so please send a request to their support asking for a full transaction history export and loans/repayments (if you had any). The transaction file is a multi-sheet XLS that can be imported “as is” to Koinly. :raised_hands:

While this isn’t the most convenient approach, it tends to save time for the moment. We’ll continue to be receptive to the KuCoin API, and work forward (and make announcements when it’s resolved).

Cheers, everyone. Please reach out to our support team for any issues happening within the wallet.

Have an awesome day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.