Kucoin new API limitations

Describe the problem:
Earlier this year 2023 Kucoin API supported trade history going back over 2 years, ie. I was able to retrieve 2021 Feb spot trades onwards.
Recently Kucoin API integrated Kucoin futures.
My current account is using a Kucoin API I created in 2023 April and shows earlist trades from 2021 Feb (eg. selling USDT into BTC).

I am testing Kucoin’s new API in a separate Koinly account and comparing them side-by-side and noticed many differences.

I know new Kucoin API now includes Kucoin futures, but it seems to be missing trades. Despite the Kucoin Futures PNL earliest shown is 2021 May. ie. Kucoin Futures PNL data was given/fetched spanning back as 2021!..

I am missing my 2021 Feb selling USDT into BTC, and EFX, ENQ spot trades.

Please confirm this was a change from Kucoin side, rather than typo/mistakes from Koinly’s API parsing side?

PS: the reason why was because I was thinking of removing old Kucoin & Kucoin Futures & add in the new hybrid kucoin/futures API so it’s all in one wallet… but now seems that’s not advisable since will lose 2021 trade history…

Which exchange/wallet is this regarding?
Kucoin new API (2023 2nd half of year)

How did you import data into this wallet?
new API key created. new separate koinly account for testing/comparison purposes

What have you tried to fix this so far?
Nothing. Kucoin API used to provide past historical trades fetching over 2 years. Now it seems it only fetches less than 1 year ago.

Hey :wave: @andwan0

Yes, Kucoin added some limitations to their API, and now it fetches data only 1 year prior to the sync date.

You should use CSV files to import older data, apologies but there is not much we can do about this.

But KuCoin Futures (within the same API) gives us PNL since over 2 years ago.
So am thinking Kucoin’s spot/trade 1 year limit maybe a bug on their end?

We came to learn of the limitations through talks between Kucoin and our engineering team. They presented it as a lmitation, and not a bug so I cant comment further on that.

The discussion is still on-going and I believe the team are working with Kucoin to improve the API. I will post updates when I have them.

1 Like

Since when has KuCoin started adding limitations to the data fetching? I just logged in and discovered this issue. When did it happen? I used to be able to fetch from my account’s start date.

@J_L1 around a week or so before my post above - it was sudden and very unfortunate, but nothing we can do unfortunately.

I have the same issue…

I have historic Kucoin data dating back to 2018

I am missing cost base info for the period 6 March 2022 - 6 April 2023

Do I have to download and import csv for this date range? Is there any risk that data will be duplicated by doing this?

Thank you

The best is to use CSV. Luckily KuCoin allows super past old history batch exports.

1 Like

hi since api is not working, i am having trouble in getting appropriate CSV connected. I uploaded all CSV sheets from Koinly which had transactions. The outcome is that my total is not shown correctly. My value of holding is inflated and is almost 4 times. same problem with Binance csv’s

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.